“Comfort and convinience for active travelers.”

Worldmark St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vienna, Virginia
“Comfort and convinience for active travelers.”
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Originally planning to visit Kanab, the closest choice for RCI availability was in St George, and by the time I booked, the Worldmark was the only choice left (there are only 3 to begin with, I believe). However, staying there by necessity was not the worst thing. Having stayed in several timeshare accommodations all over, this was one of the best. Anyone who does not know about timeshares, and expects a Hilton or Marriott will always be disappointed. I see people complain about lack of housekeeping, or families with children next door, or some other unrelated thing. But I digress. St George is a great central town within a few hours drive to Vegas (2), Grand Canyon North Rim (3.5), Zion National Park (1), Bryce Canyon (2.5) to name the few. We were a group of girlfriends and were out and about for the most part, getting up early and getting home late. So the apartment was not for relaxing in, was more of a home base between adventures. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom, full kitchen unit on a third floor. The resort itself is on the outside of town, get good directions! If you're driving at night, you might get lost, as the road goes through a residential area and you can miss the turn, I know we did after a long and tiring day...check in was easy, staff was friendly, gave us some area info and maps. The resort has no activities organized except for breakfast few times a week. There are two pools with large hot tubs, great after a hot and long day of hiking in the mountains. The town has all the amenities nearby - shops, restaurants etc. Having a full kitchen was great. Having driven to St George from California, I brought some food stuffs with me, so saved few bucks. If you're a drinker and getting in by car - pack some liqueur (safely), being a Mormon state and all, it would have been an adventure in itself for us to find booze. But I digress again...
The apartment - good rooms, one with Q bed, one with 2 tween beds, each room had walk in closet, full bath. We had A/C, full laundry, BBQ grill on the balcony, all the amenities. Clean, well kept, everything worked, little to complain about. Big enough for us three, between showering, cooking, doing laundry, watching TV in the evenings, we didn't feel like we were stepping on our toes, it was spacious and well appointed. The only thing I could complain about, if I wanted to, would be the mattress, but I am used to the famous 'pedic mattress, so no other bed is ever comfortable...Digressing again! I would book Worldmark again, if ever back in the area, they didn't charge any crazy extra fees like timeshares do - energy surcharge or parking or some other crazy whatever. One thing - no free internet. They charge for that, we didn't use it, besides it was nice to "unplug", even though I had my Crackberry...We used Navigation to find places and maps helped alot, so internet was not greatly missed...Overall great resort, nice area, as an experienced traveler, I was very impressed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank satrel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed at the Worldmark in St. George from July 11-18th. We really had a great time. I see that there are no postings for this resort, so I am glad to be the first. The facility is very clean and very well taken care of. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had a 1 bdr. that had a lot of space and was very comfortable. There are no problems with the property or any of the facilities so rest assured, you will be comfortable. St. George also has a lot to do in and around it. We went to the local parks and they had some fantastic rock formations and it was a nice way to spend the morning or evening. We spent the afternoons at the pool since it is hot in July, but that did not stop us from seeing and doing all that we wanted to do. We just had to relax by the pool in the afternoon. Zion National Park is nearby and so is Las Vegas and Hoover Dam, which we saw all 3. They were about an hour and a half away. However, the scenery is so beautiful, the time goes fast. The city of St. George had all the creature comforts of home....lots of fast food, various grocery store chains, medical centers and the such. Some towns out west can be passed in the blink of an eye, but not St. George. It is first class! It is a very nice town with very beautiful dessert oasis communities. We enjoyed our stay. So enjoy the pics and don't hesitate. This is a great place!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family