“Do not stay here!!!”

Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Our room had cockroaches!!! When we complained at the front desk they came and sprayed. The spray caused us to cough and burned our throats and only brought out more cockroaches. When we asked for a refund he refused the full amount giving us only half but offered to upgrade our room at no cost. The staff is unprofessional! Their kids were screaming in the background while I was trying to resolve the situation. overall I was extremely unsatisfied. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lizzanne1
There are newer reviews for Economy Inn & Suites

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I am a frequent traveler. For the price this hotel is good value for the money. The air condiotioning worked very well, it was over 100 degrees. Also, there are a lot of cable channels.

The owner seemed like a really nice guy. I get the feeling that he owns a few area hotels. It seemed like he recently bought the property and is renovating it. I noticed him removing old mattreses and putting in new ones. Also, the room had fresh paint.

St. George is neat little town apx. 30 minutes from Zion National Park and apx. 1.25 hours from Bryce National Park. The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown St. George. Also, this property is only a minute off of Interstate 15.

I stayed here for ten days, I travel around the country in the summer. I like to see America. I felt that this property was good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

For the price we got Im not gonna complain. It was quiet and clean. My only complaints were....no coffee pot in room, you had to go to hotel next door for coffee and breakfast, the pool looked really dirty, and the owners little kids riding their scooters around the vehicles. All and all our stay was good, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Unfortunately we waited until last minute to book our hotel, so we ended up at Economy Lodge. The pros were that it had a fridge & microwave, air conditioning, and was quiet. The cons were that it had cockroaches, super slow Wifi, not enough handsoap & no shampoo, the bathroom fan was extraordinarily loud, you had to go to a different hotel for the continental breakfast and overall it just seemed like a sketchy place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2012

By far the worst hotel I have seen in ALL of Saint George. Not only was the roon filthy, it was uncomfortable, dingy, stinky and looked like a crime scene. customer service was also terrible. I would rather sleep in a car than sleep here. I walked into my room, literally cried and walked right out. They would NOT refund nor compromise at all on giving me my money back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Erica S
Reviewed 6 October 2011

...but not too good.

We stayed here for the St George Marathon (10/1/11) and the location was VERY convenient (walking distance to the finish line, the same location where runners board the buses that take you to the starting line). The room was okay and was clean enough but the walls were pretty thin. We stayed upstairs so we didn't hear water running all night but we could hear just about everything going on in the rooms on either side of us. What did run all night were the trash trucks...why was it necessary to empty the dumpsters at four and sometimes five in the morning? If it wasn't the EconoLodge's dumpsters getting emptied, why would the trash company see the need to collect it that early?

There was one lady at the front desk who was very friendly and helpful...however, one other gal (we nicknamed her "Chuckles") was grumpy at being asked anything and was somewhat rude.

One other observation...another couple we were traveling with were awakened at midnight by an obscene crank caller! I can't go into details here (and maintain the PG rating) but suffice it to say, it was pretty bad...well, funny, because he didn't call my room! I did receive a call one morning at 6:00 am which was a wrong number...and that happened twice. I noticed a trend here...maybe the EconoLodge should revisit their in-house phone system and instead of allowing direct dial to another room, route it through an operator who would verify that the caller actually knows the room tenant's name!

If you're staying in St George, the "Gun Barrel" restaurant is a GREAT steak house.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs and away from the dumpsters in the back of the property!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Appalling Excuse for a Hotel: I could list dozens of faults with this place if I had the time and space. It was roomy and that's all it had going for it. Beyond that the old noisy fridge ran all night, there was water running from upstairs all the time. The door looked like it was a retrofit. The beds seemed non too clean, there was not even one clothes hanger in the closet. The phone must have been purchased at a garage sale as I could barely hear anyone that called and they struggled to hear me. For two days no one could get through to me as the automated system wouldn't work and the manager didn't know how to transfer calls to the rooms. But the most amazing and appalling point of all was that my room was never cleaned, freshened up, no bed made, no clean towels, no garbage emptied and was not even entered by hotel staff for the whole week I was there. I asked after the first day if it had been forgotten but was told by the manager that it was the hotel owners policy (to save money). I was stunned. They may have saved money once, but they will never get my business again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business