“Don't stay at this dump!!!”

Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I booked a room at this motel using Booking.com. The adage "cheap" can't describe this dump! The first room I was given had the foulest odor imaginable. The second room was only better with no odor. The entire motel appeared to be in some degree of construction by amateurs. Electrical outlets had gaps around the covers. Paint splotches all over the place. Two bed mattresses and an out of service air conditioning unit right outside the room door added ambiance. Everything was dirty. What a pit!!! DON'T stay at this property!!!!

Room Tip: Select a higher priced, mainstream motel!!!! Don't opt for this no-name dump!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Douglas474

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I am a business traveler and had a meeting the afternoon I was to check in. I called the day before to confirm that I would be able to check in prior to the meeting without additional charge in order to change and get there on time and was assured that would not be a problem. When I arrived there were a total of two cars in the parking lot, the vacancy light was on and obvious room at the hotel. The manager couple, who live behind the front desk, refused to let me check in without and additional charge, claiming the rooms had not been made up. Untrue, as I could see through the windows they ready. When I did check in later the rooms, mattresses and bedding was filthy. Urine, blood and black stains on the sheets. The mattresses were dirty and completely worn out. The had put boards under the mattresses because the box springs were literally falling apart. So, I essentially paid to sleep on a board. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Run! Find another, any other, place to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We were to stay in #111 but left after 30 minutes. Everything was dirty. Extremely dirty. Walls, floors, windows, kitchen, fridge, cabinets, microwave, etc...The fridge door was open when we arrived with 4 inches of frost in the freezer. It as a "suite" and the 2nd bedroom had a extra bedframe propped up against the wall. I was literally sick to my stomach and wondered what kind of person would rent a room in this condition? It looked like a crime scene w/o the yellow tape. The manager said all his rooms were neat and tidy and he didn't know what I was talking about. Apparently he has heard this before. Do not go near this place.

Room Tip: any room or motel except this one
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Got the room for about $30 after tax. In the winter.
The worst of it: Found a small cockroach in the fridge, so we let our leftovers spoil.
The room itself seemed generally clean—sheets, bathroom, carpet included. Old tub, old furniture. New paint, new sink/counter.

Breakfast (which is more than I'd have expected from a place like this) was offered next door, but it was just crappy juice, two options of cereal with only whole milk. He had a waffle maker, but ran out of batter and then he started blaming the guests—loudly and in the middle of everyone—for wasting batter by using the waffle iron wrong. Honestly, it was amusing like a movie, though baffling that it was real-life.

We asked for a discount at checkout and she just told us it was a good room where they changed the sheets. "Nothing I can do for you."

So, pretty ghetto but we weren't expecting much for the price. We like to think of ourselves as tough-skinned and we were only looking for a bed for one night. (We'd have liekd a crib for the toddler too but thwy sidnt have any). Served its purpose.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Knudies
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I never complain but this is the worst place I have ever stayed at. Bugs all over the place, Bathtub had a hole in it and they fixed it with electrical tape, globs of plaster or putty all over the room, they taped the space heater to the wall with masking tape, I was scared to sleep on the bed because the linens didn't look clean, bars on the windows. I was worried for my baby and my wife and could not sleep well. Overall sugestion go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kay c c
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Arrived after Zion NP. Had stayed previously at the Coronada Inn and Suites next door for $29.
This time they wanted $75, and put it down to the marathon. They recommended the Sands if I wanted to pay less, next door on the uphill side. He wanted $69, but said he owned the economy 2 doors down. I could have it for $50. Went there and paid.
The kitchenette was not equipped. No plates,cutlery, pans etc. No oven only hot rings.
Went to reception, were it was explained they'd been taken, and we'd to provide our own!!!!!
No exactly a kitchenette room is it?
They provided plastic cutlery eventually, with some pans and paper plates.
INFESTATION does not describe this place well enough, before reloading our things, we shook everything very well just to make sure we hadn't seperated anything from it's family.
The bathroom was very old and needs overhaul, including the carpet in the bedroom. In fact, level the place and start again, it would be money better spent.
Quite possibly the worst stay in 4 road trips in the US.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t0wnender
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Our room had cockroaches!!! When we complained at the front desk they came and sprayed. The spray caused us to cough and burned our throats and only brought out more cockroaches. When we asked for a refund he refused the full amount giving us only half but offered to upgrade our room at no cost. The staff is unprofessional! Their kids were screaming in the background while I was trying to resolve the situation. overall I was extremely unsatisfied. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012