“Unique restaurant, especially for St. George”

Anasazi Steakhouse & Gallery
Ranked #27 of 244 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dining in an art gallery atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've spent quite a bit of time visiting St. George and this is definitely one of the most unique restaurants I've been to there.

We were a group of five with two kids and really enjoyed our dinner. The service was good and everyone was friendly. The interior is nice and our table seemed somewhat private, so that was nice.

It was different (and somewhat fun) to cook my meat on the rock, however I still felt like I was doing all the work as if I was at home! I'm always the cook at home, so if I eat out, I want someone else to do the work! You can choose to have your food cooked in the kitchen, if you don't want to deal with the rock. I would HIGHLY recommend that if you have kids, get theirs cooked in the kitchen otherwise you won't be able to enjoy your own meal if you're dealing with theirs. I sliced up my steak while it cooked and it was nice to control the redness in it. The steak tasted great! The sides weren't impressive at all, but the steak made up for it.

We didn't order the fondue appetizer, but we did get the dark chocolate fondue for dessert. It was really good and a lot of fun. You should get at least one fondue while you're here!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

i really dont think this is a great location,not much of a view from here.looked inside for a bar to sit and wait for our company,didnt find one.service was good.started things off with a cheese fondue,old school fun.entree was surf n turf. surprised myself while cooking and carrying on a conversation,the food actually turned out perfect.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a really fun place to go and a unique experience. 2 things stood out to me.. 1) We started the meal with a fondue appetizer. Cheese fondue with multiple "dippers". It was excellent and a really enjoyable "experience". Then, for the main entree, we were prompted (and we're glad:) and we chose to have the entrees served on "the rock". I had a steak and my son had mahi mahi... The easiest way to describe this is that they basically cook the entrees but leave them slightly undercooked. They are served with a VERY hot rock on your plate and you kind of "finish" the cooking process to your personal taste. Every employee we encountered (from hostess to bus person to waitress) was attentive and excellent. Good wine selection. We were too full to try dessert but also looked interesting. I'd highly recommend. A really good meal at a reasonable price but better yet... a really cool "experience" that you just don't have every day at a restaurant. I really enjoyed Anasizi!
I would say that this might not be the best option for those travelling with really young kids...

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Cooking your dinner on the hot rocks was fun. Order steak as the shrimp was dry and tasteless. The sides were very disappointing and were not good. We didn't eat them but the steak and side sauces were great. The wine selection was good. Overall, it was pricey for what you got considering the sides were in edible.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I had dinner here on 7/10. We were pleasantly surprised to see they had cheese and dessert fondues. It's hard to find a restuarant that has these. The lobster bisque was excellant as were our entrees (swordfish and surf and turf (with scallops).
The milk chocolate dessert fondue (their Classic) was great and almost too much for two people. We figured it was enough for 4.
We will be back.