“Really great Breakfast”
Review of Bishop's Grill

Bishop's Grill
Ranked #54 of 327 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Description: Just Opened A Diner. Went To Their Preopening.
Description: Just Opened A Diner. Went To Their Preopening.
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast with the family this morning. It was all very good. The server was great and very friendly.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Breakfast was delicious and three of us ate for less than $20. Loved my omelette, and hash browns. The breakfast burrito pleased my wife. Service was attentive and we left happy.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

What a great spot. This place was recommended by our hotel front desk, America's Best Inn and Suites. Huge portions of food at half the price of a big chain like Dennys. I read this place has been in business since world war 2. Started in Salt Lake. Great service too. Pancakes are on point! Enjoy!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Great dinner that has it all. Loves the sweet rolls. Stake and shrimp were delicious. Home made almost everything and the prices are excellent! Pic was after we had eaten half.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I don't give one star ratings lightly or often. This morning it was really earned. We have come here many times over the years. Never cared for their greasy scones or strawberry jello flavored sauce. Rest of breakfasts were above average with good pancakes and eggs. Lunch had good sandwiches and salads. The only bad thing we ever had was their home-made soups (home-made doesn't necessarily mean good). Last lunch we had here, we got good house salads and a club sandwich that was cut into 4 pieces with 90% of the meat on 2 pieces. Laziness or incompetence on cook's part. Went for breakfast this visit. I had bacon and eggs. Ordered eggs over extra easy and got them over medium. 3 slices bacon (one limp, one crisp and one hard). My toast was done fine but wife's was white. She sent it back for more toasting and it returned still lighter than mine but looking like toast. Hash-browns looked and tasted like they had sat on the stove a long time. I ate some of mine but wife took one taste only of hers. Wife ordered ham and cheese omelet. It appeared as though it was cooked on a flat-top and spread out about 16 inches wide and then allowed to cook until it was hard enough to fold up to the right size and a few pieces of ham and a normal amount of cheese put in it, Egg was so hammered my wife picked the layers apart and ate the ham and left the egg. Coffee is only a buck and tasted like hot water. We only drank about 1/2 cup each and were offered no refills until we were ready to go and had already been handed the bill. We declined. This was the first time we saw our waitress since she brought toast back from 2nd attempt (my water glass was empty then, and it was never filled or even mentioned by our waitress). They had more employees than customers, but bad service and terrible food. I have to admit that I had a bad meal at Ihop and said I could do much better at Bishop's across the street but in retrospect, the food today was worse but service was equal. I guess the answer is to drive across town to The Egg & I or Cracker Barrel until the new Black Bear is built here in Washington City. Bishop's has been here for many years but they better bring both service and food quality back to an acceptable level to survive into the future.

Date of visit: January 2018