“What a surprise!”

Dining options: Reservations
Edison, New Jersey
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Let me tell you first that I am an avid Japanese sashimi/sushi lover. I've been to many Japanese restaurants near where I live NY/NJ area and beyond.

This restaurant was one of the best Japanese restaurants I've ever been to. Now, not everything can be good in a restaurant, but for Sushi/Sashimi this one is by far one of the best.

First of all, they are very generous with sizes of Sushi/Sashimi. Out of 10 days that I stayed in St. George, I went there 3 times for dinner. And ordered the Sushi/Sashimi boat twice. We could not even finish the boat and had to take them out both times! Not even in Japan you would find such generous portions. And quality is a topnotch too. Nice decorations and good and "cheap" bottle of Sake...what can go wrong? Simply amazing and I am so sorry that I do not find such quality in where I live...=(

• Visited July 2014

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“So disappointing”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Sorry to say this was a very disappointing experience after reading a positive reviews elsewhere.

We ordered fish cakes, tuna tataki, and miso soup and at the end of the meal quietly said it was possibly the worst Japanese food we have ever tasted.

The fish cakes were bland and tasted as if they had been frozen.
The tuna was thickly cut, tasteless, and had been overcooked.
The miso was bland and lacked depth of flavour.

To pay over $75 for 2 for dinner and have such a disappointing experience was a recipe for posting this negative review...and hopefully, a catalyst for the restaurant to lift their game.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank VCD1
“It saves he city of St George!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Great presentation, service and...yes, taste too! One of the best Japanese restaurants I've ever been to!
Great variety of rolls, and also they adapt to specific orders...

San Francisco, California
“Decent meal”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The food was decent but it the name is a little confusing. When we walked in, one half of the restaurant is Benihana style cooking while the other half was regular sushi meal. What I really liked about this place is that the portions were huge for the price.

It was a little pricey.

Visited July 2014
“Fresh sushi, cool & calm restaurant to escape the heat”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was greeted and sat right away. Had a great selection of sushi and I did sample a variety of three off the menu. All were fabulous, tasted fresh and it was hard to stop! The sushi prep and delivery to my table was a bit longer than I would expect, so if you bring kids they may get antsy, but for me it was just fine. I didn't feel rushed to finish my meal and my server was very friendly and professional.

• Visited April 2014