“Fun and Informative Geologic Exhibit”

St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm
Ranked #5 of 73 things to do in St. George
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm preserves thousands of dinosaur tracks in place right at the site of discovery. Walk through a snapshot of an early Jurassic lake ecosystem and meet the dinosaurs and other animals that left their tracks here. See the world's largest collection of dinosaur swim tracks, and a rare track made by a crouching meat eating dinosaur, including hand impressions! Enjoy our special exhibit room and our Dino Park where kids can dig in the sand to find dinosaur tracks and practice making their own footprints! The museum is fully air conditioned. Bathrooms, water fountains, and a gift shop are available. Well behaved small dogs are welcome.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very fun exhibit for kids and adults showing off local dinosaur prints and skeletons as well as interpreting rock formations from the St. George area during past geologic time.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a wonderful place to take kids who are tired of driving. You can spend an hour or so, and have a very informative visit. They have preserved some of the site so you can see the fossils right where they were found, not just moved and put on a shelf. It is very interactive. I found it worth the time to visit, and well worth the admission.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I are dinosaur lovers. We have visited many, many dinosaur museums in our life and this is easily one of our favorites. We raised two boys who are also dinosaur lovers and I teach kindergarten so I am going to add that I don't think little ones' attention will be kept too long here. We overheard one young boy asking if they could PLEASE leave NOW! That being said, if you are a dinosaur lover and a grown up don't miss this site!

We learned so much about how dinosaur tracks were preserved, which kind of tracks we were looking at and which kind of dinosaur made those tracks. Very few of their displays are behind glass, most you can get very close to. They just ask you not to touch.

A plus for us was that the lighting in the discovery site was perfect for photographing. Our pictures turned out amazing.

We spent 2 hours at the site and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Such a deal at $6

2  Thank 29kindergartencuties
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I suppose I had my expectations set too high before I went there. I was definetely disappointed. Maybe I should have read some reviews online before opening my wallet. I do support the fact that they are there and trying to promote education though. I think the idea is good, but execution was lacking.

1  Thank Raggmopp1963
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This started out as a little roof to cover some tracks that were found and finally has a building. It's a great place to learn about dinosaurs- we take our friends there to visit.