“We were lucky”
Review of Dixie Palms Motel

Dixie Palms Motel
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Some howe they misplaced our reservation (made in april). During the checkin we also asked for an upgrade. For 44$ for 1 night (5$ extra) we now stayed in a four room suite. Full option kitchen where we could cook our meal. Large fridge was available. Reception was friendly and helpfull.
The entire complex had something special. A good vibe maybe.
Unfortunately no pool, which with 101 degrees could be refreshing.
Also the cleaning was not very good. Cabinets were greasy as well as fungussy bathroom.
But value for money was great!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank KramerremarK
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the Dixie Palm Motel. I will make a note to have our housekeeping deep-clean in the kitchen and bathroom areas of the room you stayed in. Thank you for letting us know that was an issue. We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us.
Sincerely, management

There are newer reviews for Dixie Palms Motel

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and cool! The ac worked great. We were stuck in town for a breakdown and had a reference for this place. In great walking distance to shops and the center of town. Found a bunch of stuff to do and they even had movie times available.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cheripunt

Dear Guest,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Dixie Palm Motel. We would love to see you again if you ever return to the St. George area. Thank you for leaving a review!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm on a road-trip, and St. George was a stop along the way, just to sleep for one night and continue onto the next destination. So, I wasn't interested in investing in lodging. Sad to say, it feels like a risk when something is reasonably priced; but, wow, was I pleasantly surprised. Clean, fridge to store my perishables, coffee for the AM, and COMFORTABLE -- bed, AC, quiet...I couldn't have asked for a better deal. I do a lot of road-tripping and Southwest camping, and I would stay here again for a stopover. The "hamiltonbergen" and "christopherWinnipeg" reviews were what made me book my stay, and I concur.

Room Tip: My room was 209, so it was off the street and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LosAngelesMoe

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of your experience at the Dixie Palm Motel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time you are traveling through the St. George area. Sincerely, Management

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Older family run motel in downtown St. George. Clean and well kept. Very quiet with helpful staff. Electronic appliances and fridge were quite modern. No breakfast offered but this is not an issues since there are numerous restaurants, shops and all other services located in the immediate downtown area .Rating based on a 2 night stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank hamiltonbergen
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing the Dixie Palm Motel! We appreciate any and all feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again if you ever return to the St. George area! Sincerely, Management

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The bathroom was not clean. There was hair and an empty wrapper on the floor. The bedroom was ok and the bed was comfortable. The price was right and I would have been satisified if it was clean. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gene A
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I'm sorry about the negative experience you had at our Motel. We are brand new at this job and so it is very helpful, especially at this point, for us to receive feedback on areas we can improve. We will do our best in the future to ensure that the bathroom floors have been thoroughly cleaned and that others do not have the same negative experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you want a clean room and a comfortable bed to lay your head on ,this the place.Nothing fancy, but for $35 a night I am not expecting the Four Seasons. I didn't think there was anything in this price range anymore so
I was somewhat aprehensive about what to expect , but was very pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank christopherWinnipeg

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel. We are always happy when our guests are satisfied with their experience here. We hope to see you again if ever the opportunity arises.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My teenage daughters and I stayed one night at Dixie Palm Motel earlier this week on the way home from our Utah National Park tour. First, I want to say the managers were very responsive with a concern I had about the bathroom window - fixed right away. You can't beat the price, but we were a little alarmed when we went to turn the beds down later that evening and I noticed several strands of hair in my bed and there wasn't even a mattress pad on my daughters' bed. Previous reviews mentioned rooms were very clean. I wouldn't go that far. The carpet didn't look recently vacuumed and bathroom floor was a bit dirty (all other parts of the bathroom clean.) bedspreads stained. I would stay there again if I brought my own sheet and pillow.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dana M
Management56, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

Thank you for your review. As new manager, I hope your next experience will be better.