“Moving locations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Piccolo Mondo - CLOSED

Piccolo Mondo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This restaurant has been open for only two months, it is Southern Italian, the chef is Italian. It's the BEST italian restaurant in Southern Utah
St. George, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moving locations”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I frequent Chef Alfredo's Piccolo Mondo at least once per month, so obviously I'm a fan. He informed me a couple months ago that he was moving his restaurant to 700 South next door to Harmon's grocery store. I've driven past recently, (and I admit I peeked in the windows). It's beautifully decorated, and it appears he'll be open for business very soon.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Charles M

Washington state
“Appears to be closed”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Went by for dinner tonight and the door was locked and it appears to be closed as most of the equipment was removed. Earlier in the week the owner said something about going into the catering business. If this restaurant is your goal have a backup.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank brpringle
Draper, Utah
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This little piece of Heaven is hidden in the back of a business complex type building. It could be very easy to miss. You owe it to yourself to seek it out if you enjoy Italian Cuisine! It's a very modest little place, clean as I have ever seen. You are immediately greeted by Alfredo Modica, Owner and Chef. Darling man, with an accent to melt your heart. The staff was very attentive, service was outstanding. Food was beyond what I expected. Alfredo shows each morning around 4AM to start baking the bread that is served to each table prior to the meal, before it is served it is lightly toasted they prepare a little EVO/Balsamic mixture for dipping. We started with the Frito Misto, a nice blend of Calamari, Shrimp and Zuccini. The Marinara was unlike any I have ever tasted. The special that night was a Filet topped with Crab and a Mushroom Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, that was my choice and cooked to perfection. Hubby enjoyed the Salmon. The price is so reasonable and the portions are unbelievable. We both had to ask for to go's. We ended the meal with a shared portion of the Tira Misu, which Alfredo also makes each day. It was delicious. We tend to avoid most Italian Restaurants, most don't hit the mark and we are a bit snobish when it comes to Mexican and Italian food. Highly recommend this place, spread the word, this is the real deal. They serve wine too!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank thegasgod_slcut
St. George UT
“No words to describe...”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The food is beyond compare. Authentic Italian, and every single flavor is exquisite. It demands slowing down and savoring, experiencing, the food. You'll never go to Olive Garden again!

Visited February 2014
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Real Southern Italian Food”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Growing up on the east coast in an Italian family, it's hard to find good Italian food in a restaurant. So many Italian restaurants prepare food to appeal more to American tastes. So when I read that this was a real southern Italian restaurant, we had to check it out. We ordered spaghetti and meatballs and rigatoni pecoraia (with extra garlic). The spaghetti sauce was only lightly seasoned but the meatball was large and good. Personally, I would add a little garlic to the meatballs and a little more basil and garlic to the sauce. The rigatoni pecoraia however, was excellent. It could not have been any better.

The restaurant was very clean, the help was friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was about average. (I really didn't go there for the atmosphere...) Overall, we liked it and will return soon. It is a little on the expensive side for lunch (most entrees $12 and up). Salads, etc extra.

One thing. I checked my receipt when I got home and found that we were charged the dinner prices for both our entrees instead of the lunch price.

• Visited January 2014