“Best Italian in Saint George”
Review of Piccolo Mondo - CLOSED

Piccolo Mondo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been open for only two months, it is Southern Italian, the chef is Italian. It's the BEST italian restaurant in Southern Utah
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I lived on the east coast for 10 years in CT near Wooster Square. This is the best Italian I've had in Utah. The proprietor is from Italy and served his Grandmother's Artichoke recipe and old fashioned cheesecake. Everything is made from scratch with his families recipes. Delicious. I heard he is moving locations.

2  Thank Janene L
There are newer reviews for Piccolo Mondo

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I frequent Chef Alfredo's Piccolo Mondo at least once per month, so obviously I'm a fan. He informed me a couple months ago that he was moving his restaurant to 700 South next door to Harmon's grocery store. I've driven past recently, (and I admit I peeked in the windows). It's beautifully decorated, and it appears he'll be open for business very soon.

1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went by for dinner tonight and the door was locked and it appears to be closed as most of the equipment was removed. Earlier in the week the owner said something about going into the catering business. If this restaurant is your goal have a backup.

4  Thank brpringle
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This little piece of Heaven is hidden in the back of a business complex type building. It could be very easy to miss. You owe it to yourself to seek it out if you enjoy Italian Cuisine! It's a very modest little place, clean as I have ever seen. You are immediately greeted by Alfredo Modica, Owner and Chef. Darling man, with an accent to melt your heart. The staff was very attentive, service was outstanding. Food was beyond what I expected. Alfredo shows each morning around 4AM to start baking the bread that is served to each table prior to the meal, before it is served it is lightly toasted they prepare a little EVO/Balsamic mixture for dipping. We started with the Frito Misto, a nice blend of Calamari, Shrimp and Zuccini. The Marinara was unlike any I have ever tasted. The special that night was a Filet topped with Crab and a Mushroom Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, that was my choice and cooked to perfection. Hubby enjoyed the Salmon. The price is so reasonable and the portions are unbelievable. We both had to ask for to go's. We ended the meal with a shared portion of the Tira Misu, which Alfredo also makes each day. It was delicious. We tend to avoid most Italian Restaurants, most don't hit the mark and we are a bit snobish when it comes to Mexican and Italian food. Highly recommend this place, spread the word, this is the real deal. They serve wine too!

1  Thank thegasgod_slcut
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The food is beyond compare. Authentic Italian, and every single flavor is exquisite. It demands slowing down and savoring, experiencing, the food. You'll never go to Olive Garden again!