“Clean and pleasant atmosphere”

Ichiban Sushi Buffet
Ranked #160 of 245 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Sushi
St George, Utah
“Clean and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I like Chinese buffets. This one had some nice twists and made my eyebrows rise a few times at the selection on their buffet.

Come in hungry.

• Visited August 2012

Chico, California
“Good food, needs a little cleaning.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am a regular customer, I eat lunch there at least twice a week.
Started to notice the carpet was in need of cleaning lately,but ignored it because the food was fresh and very good.
I went in for lunch 6/4/13 at 12 noon (30 min after opening).
On my second trip back to my table, I noticed a large cockroach at the leg of my table.
I quietly asked the girl to please sweep it up,but instead she said "that came from outside,not inside" and smashed it with her foot and walked away. I waited to see what else she was going to do, after about 5 min of watching her joking around with the other staff near the buffet,I just got up,left a tip,payed my bill and left. I will not be going back. I would have been o.k. if there had been some concern.It seems like they don't care anymore.

• Visited June 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“Will become a definite staple”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We eat alot of sushi at fine restaurant's....for the price & variety, u cannot beat this place! Had lunch buffet -- tons of rolls to choose from, tempura, hot dishes (loved the mussels-yumm), soups, salad & fruit, desserts, ice cream; can't be beat. This place is nothing fancy. Would have given it a 5 if they offered saki, beer & wine. Our next visit will be for dinner as they serve crab legs and oysters. This is not first class but u can't beat it.

• Visited May 2013
Smithfield, Utah
“First time Sushi”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stopped for a early supper while passing through town. Never really experienced sushi but after browsing through the other items on the buffet I was sold. Food was fantastic, so many varieties of items from various meats, chicken, pork and of course sushi which I reluctantly tried after prompting from the family. Wow, ok I've been deprived of some fantastic tastes. If we lived near St. George I would definately be back again and again. Service was good, no complaints, place was clean and the food line was well organized with signs and easy access reach. Overall it was a fantastic meal at a fair price.

• Visited May 2013
Saint George, Utah, United States
“Terrific selection of gourmet sushi...at a buffet!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our family loves Ichiban. Yes the carpet is a little dirty and it is a Chinese food buffet, but the selection of sushi rolls and nigiri is great. About 20 different rolls and 10 kinds of nigiri, all laid out for you to see what you are getting and you can take whatever pieces you want of whatever kind you want. What more could you want from a sushi place? And standard Chinese food and salad buffet layout on top, capped by some of the best hard-serve ice cream you've ever tasted (don't miss the peanut butter flavored). Give it a try. If you aren't a Four Seasons snooty diner, but just want a wide selection of tasty sushi to choose from for well under $20, then you will love this place.

• Visited April 2013