“Wow! Amazing displays of unique wildlife”

Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum
Ranked #17 of 71 things to do in St. George
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had mixed feelings about going here, but I needed to entertain my husband one day while staying in nearby Brian Head (no snow) so this was on my 'options' list. Okay, let me first say that I am apposed to hunting animals for sport. I am glad it costs so much to hunt these gorgeous animals all over the world. Otherwise they would certainly be extinct. Now that that is out of the way I have to say it is one of the most beautiful displays of wildlife I have ever seen in any museum. We paid to have the audio and that was very interesting as he told stories of personal experiences he had on some of his hunts for particular animals. We didn't see any of the videos while there, just took the self guided tour. Good day trip.

2  Thank Karen S

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My son loves this museum. All of the animals are displayed in habitats... The staff is wonderful. Wish we would have had more time for the movies

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a hidden unsung gem in Saint George. Lots and lots! of specimens. I was really surprised and pleased. Probably the best and largest collection of ruminants in the West. Yet, small enough of a facility that you can make it a quick visit too.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Is taxidermic a word? Haha, this is a pretty cool place. I would put the over/under on age of interest for kids at about 12 years old. In other words, if you have teens, it might be a little dull, unless they are big into animals or possibly hunting. My four year old thouroughly enjoyed this place and so did my wife and I. We have also been here once before with two of our kids when they were younger. This time, we decided to drop them off at a movie instead of taking them along.

Basically, this is a giant hunting showcase for big game from around the world. Everything from bears to a camel and a zebra are on display. There must have been 50 animals I have never heard of or seen before. The audio tour is quite interesting and the visual display, while not spectacular is quite good. Worth an hour or so of your time.

Caution, if you are an animal rights person, this is not for you!

1  Thank Onevisionn
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We first took the grandkids, but had to go back to enjoy it ourselves. At 9-6-6 years old, they were too impatient to see it all. The children loved it as we did. A great rainy day activity, though we rarely have those in St George.