“Fresh food great people”
Review of Cafe Rio

Cafe Rio
Ranked #55 of 255 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been to more than 1 Cafe Rio but I go out of my way to stop at this one. The people are enthusiastic and helpful and the food is fresh and delicious. I enjoy every time!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

When we opened the door at Cafe Rio there appeared to be absolute chaos. People standing in long, walking quickly as their meals were prepared, food preparers handing plates back and forth, exchanging words that meant nothing to the orderer. We wondered if we even get what we ordered. We got exactly what we ordered, prepared perfectly, and tasting wonderful. The prices, too, seemed very reasonable. We'll go bcak to Cafe Rio when we are next in St. George.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Took the family down to St. George for the Holiday Weekend. Went to Cafe Rio as we like to go here as a family as the prices were reasonable.

Looks like in the past week or two the prices with new menus have gone up. Kids meals as well as main menu items are now higher.

The restaurant made my order wrong and charged me extra. I did go back and they refunded me the difference after I noticed it while eating.

Long lines so it seems that the price increase and service are still acceptable. I will not be returning when I am in St. George.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Didn't realize this was a chain when we went in, which I usually avoid. But we were hungry for tacos so tried it anyway.

While the ingredients do appear to be very fresh, finished products are just average. Eating area was kinda dirty. Bunch of employees standing around doing nothing, created a bottle neck at the register.

Not a good meal experience, but as a to-go lunch or dinner it would be fine.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This is the first Cafe Rio and the original. But they all taste about the same. At Cafe Rio you get tasty food with fresh ingredients at a decent value. Some complain that it's not authentic Mexican food. True. But it's not meant to be. It's Mexican food with a definitive American influence. Truthfully, most mainstream Americans wouldn't like authentic Mexican food if they ate it. The barbacoa burritos with enchilada style and salads are particularly taste. The place is great for kids as well because 6 and under get a free niño quaesadilla. The strawberry lemonade is also very delicious (and naturally sugar-free).