“Great Experience!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a Mexican restaurant with a different twist. It's set up cafeteria style. You choose your menu, then as you go down the line, you tell them what you specifically want on your enchilada (or whatever you purchased). It's then made up for you while you stand there and watch. The staff all look like they're having a great time doing it, too!
This is not a fancy place, but well worth the stop if you're looking for great Mexican food with a creative twist!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were in St George Utah on part of our vacation and was in the mood for Mexican food. We plugged Mexican food into the GPS and it was the closest to us, so we drove by and it was crowded and if a restaurant is crowded it must be good. So we went in. They had a special of the day, ether fish or shrimp tacos. My husband got the shrimp and it came with rice and beans, and I got the chicken salad. It was so good. They give you a lot of food. They also have a variety of drinks that I had never seen, mint lemonade, Horchata, southwest lemonade. But my favorite was strawberry lemonade, you could tell it had real strawberries in it. The food was so good we went back the next day for lunch agin. I wish there was a Cafe Rio near my home town, I would eat there all the time.

1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited Cafe Rio again day before yesterday. Had the fish tacos with beans and rice. Added some pico salsa. Great. We love this place when traveling on I15. Always something to look forward to for miles.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Made to order burrito was awesome, with fresh tortillas and plenty of fixin's. Friendly people as well.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been to more than 1 Cafe Rio but I go out of my way to stop at this one. The people are enthusiastic and helpful and the food is fresh and delicious. I enjoy every time!