St. George Inn & Suites
Clarion Suites(St. George)
Claridge Inn(St. George)
Ambassador Inn(St. George)
View Hotel
Fairfield Inn St. George(St. George)
View Hotel
All reviewsfamily suitewafflesoutdoor playgroundroom was cleancanned fruitbiscuits and gravyblack bear dinercold cerealgreat pricepull out couchzion national parkbudget hotelblack beansmini fridgelong drivetwo queen bedsrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We purchased a voucher for a stay at this hotel. When we checked out, the clerk didn't know to use the voucher, so she charged us full price for the room. When I reminded her about the voucher, she refunded the amount and then charged us the "taxes" for the room, they were almost double what the taxes were on the full price room. When I questioned her, she said it was a special tax that they use for the vouchers. In essence, we paid more for the 'discounted' room with the fees they charged us than we would have if we would have just purchased a room and paid full price!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cee S
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you weren't aware of the taxes that were charged to you at checkout before you stayed with us. When you buy discount vouchers online the website will mention that taxes and fees will be handled at the hotel upon departure. The taxes or fees you were charged should have only been $11-$15. If the fees were more than that I would love for you to call me so that we can fix any discrepancies on your bill.
Thanks,
435-673-6661

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I checked into this motel after 2 weeks of camping and rafting. It was a good place to re-organize. The room was comfortable and had a fridge and microwave. I liked the place but was disappointed with the laundry facilities which had only one machine and a dryer with a door that didn't close and had to be run 3x to get my clothes dry. Don't plan on doing laundry there. There was a line of people trying to do their laundry. Also, the Internet was very spotty and frustrating. They need to put more money into both these areas. The breakfast was decent but the set-up created lots of congestion with people running into each other. They are expanding this room so hopefully this problem will be resolved. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: A room closer to the office might give you a better shot at Internet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Patricia S

Thank you for such a good review! I am glad that you were given a place to re-organize and to relax!
Just so you know, we are expanding our breakfast area so that we can avoid the congestion during our busy seasons. We are also looking to expand our guest laundry room, so that we can better serve those who need to clean clothes while visiting us. And as for the internet, we are constantly exploring ways to make that feature better for all of our guests. We look forward to you visiting us in the future, and I hope when you do we will have all of our upgrades in place to better serve you and your family!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We recently stayed here with a large youth group for 3 nights and found it to be very adequate for this kind of trip.

Pros: The motel has a large number of rooms including suites that sleep up to 6. Prices were reasonable (ask for a group rate). Doors open to the outside, so you're not going to have people complaining about kids making noise in the halls. Breakfast included cooked waffles, biscuits and gravy, various juices, cold cereal, tropical fruit salad, etc. There are two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) both of which were clean and the outdoor one was big enough for 40 teenagers to have plenty of room. We had a fridge and microwave in our room which was useful. Also there's a Denny's and fast food next door.

Cons: This is a renamed Budget Inn & Suites and you can tell it's never been a particularly fancy place. It a bit warn around the edges. One of our rooms had the typical stinky heater element problem that you get when you turn on the AC or heat for the first time. Generally though you can tell they are working to try to keep this place clean and inviting. Given the effort, I was surprised that they skimp so badly on the toiletries. One miniscule (half serving) shampoo is all you get. So if you have 6 people in a room - or 2 - make sure to bring your own toiletries!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

I appreciate your review. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and your responses help us know what we need to work on.
We have recently started a remodel that will take some time to complete but we are excited to make our rooms more modern and comfortable for all.
We do place one shampoo in the rooms, but we have a note in the room that states if you need more amenities to call the desk. We have lotion, conditioner, extra soap and shampoo at no extra charge.
Thanks again for staying with us! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Very much appreciated the welcoming for my family of 8. The kids really loved the indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The food was good. The staff were friendly. We stayed in the family suite on the 2nd floor and thought the layout was nice, and the beds were very comfortable. Price was decent too. We would definately stay there again. The front desk lady at the Hampton Inn was helpful in letting us know about this place and calling ahead to book it for us. Much Thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beaweener

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you kids were able to enjoy our pools!
We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us to see our newly remodeled/expanded breakfast room!
Thanks,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed here about a half dozen times in the last few years. The value is great. The room is decent, what one would expect for the price. We always enjoy the indoor pool. The breakfast was good. There was a variety of choices.

I always stay in the family suites near the indoor pool.

We always get placed on the second floor even when we ask for the first floor. This year we were again out in the same room on the 2nd floor. No one was on the entire first floor for the first night we were there.l I begin to wonder if it is because of our Spanish surname. Many reviewers say that the staff is friendly. but I have never experienced that friendliness. There was an older blonde woman working behind the desk this year. She would not even say hello to me when I said "good morning" while we were leaving the breakfast area.

The price is great. I will return there. If you are a person of color I would warn you that you may not find any friendly people at this place. You might be segregated to the second floor.

Oh, yeah, a big cockroach like bug tried to share our room but we evicted him. There can be some big outdoors bugs in St; George. My mother-in-law lives there. They always try to get inside her home. This was the first time I had this happen at this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gizzly_Atoms

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you feel unwelcome here at times due to your Spanish Surname. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and if we fall short of that goal we will have failed all of our guests who stay with us.
My staff is taught to be friendly as guests walk in and out of the lobby, and at all interactions with guests at our property. If you ever feel that you are being disrespected during your next visit with us, please feel free to call me and discuss your issues, so that we can correct them on the spot.

Thanks