“Horrible and disgusting!!”

Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Utah
“Horrible and disgusting!!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. When we first arrived the door was really hard to open and seemed to have been kicked in before. We didn't have a shower curtain so when they brought us one I explained the issue with the door and the staff couldn't even open it to get out. Eventually he did and said he would send maintenance to fix it. They never came. All of the furniture looked like it was from 1980 with gold ceiling fans and tube t.v.'s. They extra large tub had a dead cockroach in it when the water was turned on. The furniture had visibly dirty spots on the arms. I didn't dare walk around the room with out some type of foot wear. The last morning we found another dead cockroach and called the front desk. HIs response was the he would notify housekeeping. When I went to pay the bill they only discounted the room 10% and acted like that made it better. I had to spend over a hundred dollars to get supplies to make sure I wasn't taking any cockroaches home with me. It was bad enough that I will never stay in St. George again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jen B
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
I first want to apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your concerns is genuinely appreciated.

I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss further. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves as we have received many compliments for our great service and clean and comfortable accommodations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I am always in search for a hotel with local charm and I found it here. While the exterior is that of a newly remodeled motel of the 50's vintage, when you enter the room you immediately get the feeling that you are in a beautifully appointed hotel. The "motel room" that you might have expected has been transformed into an elegantly furnished room that with all new furnishings, still gives you a feeling of a room that has an attention to detail that you won't get in any chain hotels. There have been many places in my travels where only the usual fare was available.
Happily, St. George Inn and Suites gave me a very pleasant alternative to the "Box With A Balcony"
Now you know my new secret.
Gary K

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gary K
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great Value if you are on a budget. Friendly and helpful staff. My kids love the play area and pool. Couldn't be happier. Our kids really enjoyed the swimming pool and the playground area. We come to St. George three times a year and have decided to stay here from now on.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Misteronederful
Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel does not offer a lot of amenities, however if you like to just spend the night in a hotel that has a great customer service, clean room, clean (including the comforters) and spacious beds, modest breakfast, then this hotel will be your choice. The charge was right on the money for us! Me & my family just love it.

Room Tip: The rooms are surrounded by parking spaces. We like it when we can park next to our rooms.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Hoda B
Grover Beach, California
Reviewed 16 September 2013

they have a very nice indoor pool, thats what caught my eye. but the pet rooms are on the 2nd floor, no elevator. stairs. i have trouble walking sometimes and had to lug my stuff ( all on wheels) up and down. my poor dog didnt know how to negotiate the steps! poor girl. i think it was an optical illusion for her. the room doesnt have a fridge or microwave, that was a bummer.the people are very nice, and the breakfast is very good. they have 2 pools and a kids yard, ( my kid is 27, so didnt use that part) i would suggest to the hotel people to please put pet rooms on bottom floor. sometimes fido has to get out to pee fatser than stone steps would allow.lol.
clean rooms, could use an upgrade to be sure. tv very old,not flat panel.not good reception.room small, but i didnt need a huge room..the bed is not at all comfortable,saggy,.but no bugs in room. surprising because st george has been nothing but bugs so far for me, but my room has been bug free.
very nice staff. great morning breakfast, hate the stairs, wish there was fridge and microwave, but overall, nice place for the money. its very handy that 24 hour dennys next door.too bad they dont deliver.lol. nice place overall.

Room Tip: ask for fridge/microwave if you will need one.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mustanglovrsue
Thank you for your review. Just as a note, all of our designated pet rooms are on the bottom floor, unless you are in a smoking room. We have a 143 room property and only 10 of our rooms do not have a fridge and a microwave.

Next time you come stay with us, make sure to ask for a non-smoking pet room and we will definitely get you in a room with a fridge and microwave and on the bottom floor.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Nice facility. Check in staff was GREAT. We arrived late after a very long drive from Bryce Canyon and Zion.

However, the girl at the desk the next morning was much more interested in talking on the phone than in offering help to guests.

There are many lodging options in St. George. This facility is nice, but be aware that breakfast in NOT included -- it is a separate restaurant. The breakfast menu was exceptional -- just be aware of the additional cost.

1 Thank Roz B
zgates, Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
We serve a complimentary full hot buffet breakfast each morning from 6am-9:30am. There are 2 restaurants in our parking lot Denny's and Black Bear Diner, they are excellent places to eat breakfast, however they are not affiliated with us, so the additional cost is not given by us as our breakfast is free for every guest at the hotel. I think that maybe the review was meant for another hotel.
PILOT HILL, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights while participating in a tournament. This is by far the best economy inn we have stayed in. It was extremely clean and comfortable and updated. I even saw them cleaning the top of the air conditioners one day! Staff was friendly and helpful. Large, clean pool. Great location, close to shopping and restaurants. You can't beat the value, comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple