“Needs improvement”

St. George Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Needs improvement”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The only thing great about this place is the location. The room was clean but it wasn't very well maintained. Our door's dead bolt wouldn't lock. The parking is horrible...I don't think they have a space for everyone that is checked in. Breakfast was ok. I appreciate the waffle irons but the batter wasn't very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than what you had hoped for or expected. We have 143 rooms and exactly 170 parking spaces to accommodate our guests and even places for buses to park for big groups. I'm sorry that your dead bolt didn't work. We have a great staff and when notified of any issues our maintenance is usually there within 15 minutes to fix any issue day or night. We offer many room amenities such as free wifi, micro wave and fridges, flat panel screen televisions and new linen. Our breakfast includes fruit, 4 kinds of cereal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, ham, biscuits, gravy, breads and bagels. On the property we also have a spacious outdoor heated pool, indoor pool and outdoor/indoor playgrounds.

We are always looking for ways to improve if you ever have any suggestions please give us a call or e-mail me anytime. Again I apologize we couldn't give you the experience you had hoped for and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Positive or negative we listen to all reviews and try to improve. Please give us another opportunity to take care of you. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Rooms are huge and very clean. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, a playground, an an indoor ball pit/playground. There is a Denny's, Burger King, and a Black Bear diner within a close walking distance. The continental breakfast was great! About 30 minutes from Zion.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Robin B
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. We hope to see you again soon!
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived on the evening of the 4th of July. The booking I had made was for the wrong date but the desk clerk was quick to take care of me as they did have rooms available. He gave me the rate I had locked in and told me where the City fireworks would be set off. Nothing to do with the property but the City and Dixie University have a synched fireworks show, setting off the same fire works pretty much simultaneously. Side note: Stay off the streets on the 4th, these people go nuts with their fireworks, setting the off on the side of the city streets.
Breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about, cold cereal, bagels and the ubiquitous waffle maker. Adequate though. Overall a nice clean place to stay, nice outdoor and ok indoor pool. Nice play area for the kids.

Room Tip: Ask the clerk for possible extras. This facility didn't have conditioner in the rooms but it was...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter H
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I wish we could take credit for the fireworks too. It was a spectacular evening to be sure. I appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lawndale, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel one time before. It is always quality and has a very good price. I would give this hotel a 5 star rating, but I have been in a 5 star hotel which has a few more amenities.
All in all, I will always stay at this hotel because it has beautiful rooms, 2 swimming pools and jaccuzi's, along with a great continental breakfast. This hotel has won the TripAdvisor Excellence Award and justly so. This hotel has many eating establishments around it.

Room Tip: If you go on there website, there is a coupon for $10 off your visit.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Dieselkmf
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you so much for the review. It's always nice to hear that someone had a great time when staying with us and even better when we hear that they keep having a good time every time they stay. Once again thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pinehurst, Idaho
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had read all the good reviews so I was thinking this would be a nice place to stay for 4 nights while we explored Zion and Bryce. Room was fine and the beds were comfortable enough. Although the pillow my husband had smelled like vomit. So I left a note for the housekeeper to exchange it, which she did. Housekeeping was not the best even tho I left a tip each morning. We had to ask for toilet paper. The breakfast was good with a large selection and a nice large room with plenty of tables. My complaint is/was that there was a teenage football team staying the same time we were there. VERY loud till late at night. Running and yelling and banging on our door! I called front desk and was told it would be looked into. We were also given a room right in the middle of all the rooms where the team was located.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I am sorry your experience with us was less than expected. At certain times of the year we do have large groups stay with us and at times that can cause noise problems for our other guests. I appreciate your feedback as it gives us opportunities to improve. We hope to see you again and have another opportunity to give you the experience you deserve.
Layton, UT
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located just off the Bluff St exit. The rooms are nicely furnished and in nice condition. It was nice to have adjoining rooms. The pool is open until 11, which my kids really liked. The breakfast had lots of variety. My husband with celiac even found a few things to eat. We ate breakfast out on the patio, which was really nice. The price was great, too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank StaceyM
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for that review. I'm glad to know we offer a breakfast that can meet many peoples different needs. We hope to see you again soon!
Logan, Utah, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I recently visited St. George with my husband and we thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. We stayed in an economy room, so no fridge or microwave, but it was a very nice room. Everything about it was nice. It was well kept and clean. It wasn't noisy at all and we stayed during Memorial Day weekend so I was worried it might be noisy but was pleasantly surprised. The pools are excellent. The outdoor pool is quite large and spacious so it can accommodate many people. Both indoor and outdoor pools are heated and that was a great perk
My only complaint would be the breakfast options. It was very basic but didn't offer very many healthier or lighter options. Or maybe every time I went the fruit was always out, who knows.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Unfortunately those economy rooms are not big enough for a fridge and microwave. We only have 8 of those rooms, they are good for a quick stop over. Sorry we didn't have any fruit for you we try to provide as many options as possible. We are always looking for ways to improve and thank you for your suggestion. Come see us again soon!