“What an unusual story!”

102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“What an unusual story!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This little pioneer home has quite a story to tell. I enjoyed this visit to see and learn more about Jacob Hamblin. He was a great missionary and friend to the Native Americans in the area of Southern Utah. You have to drive through St. George from I-15, out to Santa Clara, Utah, which takes a few minutes, but is well worth the extra effort. I loved hearing about this good man, and how he handled the difficulties of living in a hard time and place. It inspired me to want to complain less, and work a bit harder. Take a few minutes when you are passing through and see this place. I think you will like it.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Stonecroft7

St. George, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent historical site”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a great historical site that gives you a glimpse into what it would have been like to be an early settler in this area. The LDS missionaries on site are extremely knowledgable about the site as well as Jacob Hamblin, who was a respected friend and ally of the Native Americans.

Visited April 2014
St. George, Utah
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lessons of History”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I took my elderly parents and friends of theirs to the Hamblin Home. I had not been there myself and was pleasantly surprised at how much I learned and now appreciate what these pioneers have done for us. I am also glad I live today! It is a great leisurely tour. I highly recommend it for a spring or fall day.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank p_arm0ur
Rigby, Idaho
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great little tour.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

If you're a member of the LDS Church or not its a great tour. I leafed some history about Southern Utah that I didn't know and the hardships that some of the early settlers had to endure.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank xplnusa
Lake Jackson, Texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Historical Site”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Hamblin home is a wonderful and free historical site. Stop by and check out the old home, take a free tour, and learn about St. George in the old days.

Visited March 2014