“Fun to see old pioneer home”
Review of Jacob Hamblin Home

Jacob Hamblin Home
Ranked #11 of 69 things to do in St. George
West Jordan, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun to see old pioneer home”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

It is a fun tour and gives information about the area. Interesting to know that the home has been so close to being flooded.

Visited August 2014

Isle of Palms, South Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A good way to learn.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Jacob was a real hero of the West. Little known outside LDS history buff,his life rates a movie. Home has a lot to tell you about a place & time far gone by.

Visited April 2014
NJ
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pioneer Homestead”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The homesite was easy to find, very well maintained and original. The staf was courteous and very knowledgable with the history of the house and it's occupants.
Recommend this as a short stop on the local history of St George and the Mormon church.

Visited July 2014
St George, Utah
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Good tour”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I went for the history and getting to know the town.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a giant sign that said CLOSED but there were a few cars in the lot. I called and they said they were open, just forgot to flip the sign.
I was the only one there at the time for a tour, so I got my own private tour.

Lots of explanation and information and history. Not sure if that's typical or if she was explaining more to me because when she asked if I was Mormon, I said no.

Apparently it was a very popular day for tour groups to come through and I just happened to stop by during a brief lull. The end of my tour was rushed because a group of 50 people showed up.

My tour guide happily offered me a free Book of Mormon, which I accepted; though I felt no pressure to take it. I took it because I was curious; I've looked at other religious texts, but not this one. I don't think I would have had any negativity from her if I hadn't accepted the book.

Visited June 2014
St. George, Utah
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Very interesting historical site!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I love learning about the history of this area. The guides were delightful - friendly and knowledgeable. The history of the pioneers and the struggles they endured are inspiring.

Visited August 2013