“IDEAL HOTEL IN IDEAL SITUATION” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn St. George
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montrose
“IDEAL HOTEL IN IDEAL SITUATION”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Good service, nice room and helfpul staff. Handy hotel for Cracker Barrel and Players Sports Bar. Would stay here again, as it is a nice quiet area. There is a small local museum situatede just beside the hotel, so you have something to do in the evening or late afternoon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Curtis_Dyer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for the Hilton Garden Inn in St. George, UT. We do have a nice location next to several restaurants along with close access to the city and intersate for your traveling needs. It would be our pleasure to see you again and hope that your travels bring you back to St. George once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We couldn't have asked for a better experience. All the staff was very kind and helpful, especially the General Manager, Curtis. The room was very clean and nice, the lobby was spotless and beautiful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We can't wait to have you guys again here in St. George. Be sure to let us know the next time you are headed our way! Thanks for the great review on the property and hope that you had safe travels back home. Take care and look forward to serving you again.
Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I used my Hilton Honors points (had to buy 810 points for $8.10 to make the reservation because I was a bit short) to stay one night on our way to Las Vegas. Like all Hilton properties, the number of points for the room was a bit much (Marriott offers better value when it comes to using points).

The double queen room was large, with plenty of room for two people. Decor wasn't anything special, typical Hilton. The adjustable comfort beds aren't all the comfortable. I do wish Hilton would put lighter weight duvets on the beds, as we had to crank up the AC to accommodate the heavier bed linens.

For the price of the room (30,000 Hilton Honors points), it would have been nice if breakfast was included. We were able to eat cheaper at the Cracker Barrel across the street than the $9.95 charged by the Hilton.

Front desk staff wasn't able to make restaurant recommendations, other than to hand us a print out of area restaurants. We always like to hear the favorites of locals.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Curtis_Dyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Thanks for staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn during your time in ST. George. I appreciate the comments that you made and will be sure to look into lighter duvets. The breakfast is all you can eat and for that reason the price is $9.95 at the Great American Grill restaurant. They also do A la Carte for a cheaper price. We will definitely work on the staff with recommending a local restaurant as that is something that I always ask for in my travels as well. We hope you have a fun and safe 2012 of what is remaining as this year has flown by.
Culver City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

After arriving at the Hilton Garden Inn in St. George Utah, my wife and I were assigned room #213, which is a handicapped room. I am 70 years old and have a serious balance problem. My wife suffered a heart attack and a stroke in recent months. The air conditioning worked well in our room until shortly before 4 a.m. It then shut off entirely. I phoned the front desk for assistance and a young lady told me that I needed to reach under the air conditioner unit (on the floor by the window) and locate a switch to reset the air conditioner. I told her we were unable to get down on “on all fours” to do a “reset.” She responded that there was nothing she could do because she would not come to the room of a male guest at night. She told me there was no one to assist us and we would have to endure the heat. Otherwise she could assign us to another room, on another floor. I told her that with our health challenges we could not do that. I explained that my wife was with me and could open the door for the lady. She finally consented to come to the room for assistance. Getting down on “all fours” she reset the air conditioner. If she had continued her refusal, we would have had to endure the heat through the night, in spite of our health issues. It seems that your management staff needs serious retraining for emergency assistance during the night. We may never again stay at a Hilton hotel, and we may well pass the unacceptable experience to our many friends, who come to St. George, Utah several times each year for conferences at the St George Convention Center. I know from experience there are many fine hotels in St George, Utah, but apparently the Hilton Garden Inn management does not want our business, or that of our friends. (As an additional note, the shower curtain in room #213 was filthy and had obvious "signs" of previous users. It has probably not been cleaned for a very long time.) NOTE: AN EMAIL TO THEIR CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS RESULTED IN NO RESPONSE.

Room Tip: The air conditioner did not function around 4 a.m. Management was unwilling to reset the air conditi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 13Beth13
Curtis_Dyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
We are so sorry that we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issue you encountered with your air conditioner and more importantly for the hassle it caused you and your wife. We have reported the issue to our maintenance team who will be checking the units in all rooms in the near future to prevent this situation for re-occurring. Please know that we value each of our guests and accept our most sincere apologies for the experience. It is uncommon to find a member of our team that is rude or unwilling to help and we will share your experience with them as a reminder of how important our interactions are to a guests overall satisfaction. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance to show you the quality of service and amenities that you deserve if you return to the area.
LAS VEGAS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights/3 days. I enjoyed my stay overall. Very relaxing hotel with lots of pluses. I liked the free coffee in the lobby and free newspapers. The fridge and microwave in the room worked well. The location and staff were very nice. The pool was great also. The but comes in when there was no remote when I got in the room. Had to go down and get one which took awhile. Then the bathroom smelled like rotten eggs...had to let the bathroom air out for the night and then the odor went away. The no breakfast is not good. Almost Every other hotel but the Hilton offers a free breakfast...and that's a lot of extra money to spend out on dining. The elevator was out of service when I checked in so had to hike four floors with all my luggage which wasn't a good first impression. It was pretty quiet at night. The bed is soft...too soft for me I couldn't sleep well on it. Most might like the soft bed. Overall it's a good place but think I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Curtis_Dyer, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thanks for the review of the Hilton Garden Inn here in St. George. I apologize about there not being a remote in your room at check in as that is standard. The Great American Grill restaurant in the hotel does charge for breakfast. They serve omlettes, french toast, pancakes, eggs any way you like them, bacon, sausage, ham, and fresh fruit. They provide plenty to get your day started and next time you stay with us look up the bed and breakfast package which comes with breakfast coupons for 4 people. Great value for a great price! The property does have 2 elevators and I apologize if one was not working properly during your stay with us. I can assure you that the company that services the elevators were contacted and that the one having issues is back up and operational. Thanks again for letting us know how we are doing and hope to have you back some day.
McKinleyville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We were in town to get our daughter set up at Dixie State and truly enjoyed our stay here. Comfortable beds, beautiful room, nice outdoor pool, great service, and it's centrally located. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone whether it be a family vacation or in town for business.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We hope that your daughter enjoys St. George while going to school at Dixie State. We do have a great location that is close to the freeway as well as wonderful amenities. No matter what your purpose may be during your next visit we would love to have you again. Thanks for the review.
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We extended our trip one day and the hotel we were staying in didn't have room so we moved to the Hilton Garden Inn, I wished our whole trip we could have stayed there. Front desk staff was awesome, so friendly and accommodating. My husband has diamond status so we got their cooked to order breakfast that was delicious and the service was great. My kids loved the huge swimming pool. The hotel is in a good location right by the Dixie Center and close to resturants. We will deffinatly stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kpetee
Curtis_Dyer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Thanks first and foremost for the great review. We value your business and are glad to see that you were able to partake of the many amenities that the hotel provides. We hope to see you again soon and wish you well in all of your travels.