“Tired Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
calgary
“Tired Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at other Hilton Garden Inns in the past and have found them to be well maintained and well managed. For reasons unknown to us this particular hotel seems to have fallen on hard times. The room was okay but no better, with a very tiny bathroom, and tired linens. The floors in the elevators were very dirty and the floor tiles cracked. The air conditioning in the unit was incredibly noisy. We found the staff at the front desk to be lacking in knowledge and one of the clerks, who checked us in, was not very warm. I think that this particular franchise needs some work.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
sguhgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your comments/concerns. I will address them with our staff and please know that your criticism is valued and we will take it to heart. I am happy to tell you we are currently in the preparation stages for a remodel to give our hotel a fresh new and exciting look. While this will be a few months down the road, we hope to see you again at our hotel to see improvements that we will be working on. Thanks again and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Highland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I LOVE this hotel and stay here whenever I am in town. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy. Location is close to restaraunts and next to the convention center. Rooms are clean and pool and fitness center are nice. Great for families or individual business. Breakfast is nice and waitress Arlette is the BEST!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Herriman, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We enjoyed staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Although we didn't have time to eat the breakfast items, it was a nice addition. We didn't have time to enjoy the workout facility, the pool or hot tub due to a busy work related event. We highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in St. George. It's a great location for restaurants and stores.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have stayed many times at the Hilton Garden Inn, St. George, UT. In my opinion this is the best hotel in the St. George area. The rooms are clean and modernly furnished. The service is always great, from the front desk staff to the wait staff in the restaurant. The cooked to order breakfast is fantastic. We find the location to be great as it is near I-15 and to Bluff Street which makes it easy to get anywhere in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
sguhgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you honk of our hotel. I truly appreciate your review and am glad to hear that your experience was a great one.
Sandy, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We used only 30K points a night for this room. We weren't able to get a camping spot at Zion, so we used the Hilton as our launching pad. It was a perfect hotel for that. The only complaint I would have is the hotel layout. The access from the parking to the room makes it a little difficult if you are carrying heavy loads like we were.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs. I appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you need anything else please feel free to reach out to us.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

outdated rooms, horrible food, stolen items, and no help from the staff, horrible beds, smelly rooms. I called several times the day after my departure to reclaim my items and they did absolutely nothing to help other than looking in the computer. I had to beg them to check the room and fitness center where I left my items. the hotel was overall disgusting and outdated and unclean. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I apologize for the experience on your most recent trip. I distinctly remember my front desk agents sending our maintenance staff as well as our Operations Manager to try and locate your items, but we were unable to locate them. Where the item was described to be left in the fitness center in a public area it is possible that someone else left with them. We will continue to look for these and if anything turns up we will gladly ship them to you.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We booked this hotel last minute on priceline.com for a great deal at only $50.00. The hotel is gorgeous, clean, and very nice, great location. The room was standard but great, however they left us no towels, and the refrigerator did not work. Moving on, when we went to check in, we arrived at 230pm, a little before their check in time of 3pm. The girl at the desk was a little snooty with me when she realized I booked on priceline, she said come back in 30 minutes it will be ready. We went around St. George came back about 90 minutes so 30 minutes past check in time, and there was a new girl at the counter. This girl gave me even more attitude proceeded to tell me since I had a special reservation my room would be another hour or two before it was ready. I then explained to her what we were told, and she was snippy and said well you booked on priceline its a special room, then accused me of also selecting a wheelchair accessible room, which was not true. I would stay here again, but I will not pay $189 a night for that kind of service or poor quality, also they did not have the liquor licensee renewed so the bar was closed. My advice get the deal online, the room was not worth 189.00 a night, the people who pay that price are being taken.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
sguhgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know where we can improve. I will speak with my front desk agents who assisted you and let them know of the issues you experienced. I do see that you booked through Priceline and I do need to confirm for our guests' understanding that when you book through priceline, the room type is not guaranteed. It defaults to whatever rooms are available, hence the low price and unfortunately you booked on a sold out night and all we had left were the accessible rooms you were referring to. I will speak with my agents about this so they understand as well that the guests are not the ones choosing the rooms when they are booked through priceline, rather it automatically assigns it based on availability. I hope this clarifies that a little and I thank you again for your comments and I will resolve the issues you experience. Thanks and have a great day.