“Nice hotel near Tuacahn”

Hilton Garden Inn St. George
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It was a nice hotel and it was not noisy for my family. It is near several places to eat and near the outlets. The bed was very hard and I see that was a complain for many. But, when I was at the front desk I saw that the bed are adjustable. At the head of the beds on each side there is a dial and you can make the beds soft or hard. This is something the front desk should tell you when you check in and they do not. The other complaint I have is I forgot my toothbrush. I've done this is the past and when I went to the front desk to get one they told me they do not have them and I need to drive to the gas station to get one. This is the first full service hotel I've been to that did not have a toothbrush if you need one. And it was not that they were out the front desk said we do not have toothbrushes. Kind a cheap.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
sguhgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your experience. I apologize that there were a couple of issue with the front desk service. I will address these in our next meeting.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice hotel with comfortable rooms. The front desk was very helpful. There is a large pool and a hot tub. Thought the air conditioning unit was a little noisy every time it turned on. When we turned off the TV we could hear people on the floor above us running back and forth. That was annoying. Hotel is close to freeway.

If you have a chance eat at the Rib Chop restaurant that is next to it. They have excellent food. Nice assortment of other restaurants close by too.

If you are traveling further to Zion National park it is only about hours drive from here.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces east. Setting sun makes room feel warmer in the summer.
1  Thank ConnieMC-77

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. I apologize about the noise level of the AC unit. I will forward this on to my Chief Engineer. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Beds are way over due to replacement. had 2 queen bed room and both beds were completely worn out. Sank in deeply and very sore back 3 days later. Breakfast is full pay and when I paid the waitress in cash, she came back and said they don't have any change and was it alright? Really?? Worn down, bad attitudes except exceptional service and care from our driver.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron V

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I deeply apoligize for the issues you had during your stay. I have addressed the bed issue with our maintenance staff. It was very concerning to me to hear of your breakfast experience with your waitress as well. I have already discussed this with her as this is not the level of service I expect from my staff and it is something I will not tolerate. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I'm going to make this quick and simple:

Noise/insulation: I can hear people in neighboring rooms turning lights on and off and the people above me running around and screaming. I can also hear the traffic outside relatively well with the window closed and drapes shut.

Thoughts: I've lived in terrible college town apartments with better insulation than this. At least I could sleep there with a party going on next door. Here, I can't sleep with other guests simply walking around.

Rating: Beyond Terrible/Insufferable

Front desk service: relatively friendly staff. However, trying to reach the front desk from your room is another story. 6 out of the 7 extensions in the phone tree give you a "this extension is invalid" error message. EVEN the extensions for the assistant manager and the manager.

Thoughts: Phone trees that work correctly are already frustrating, but phone trees that don't work? I don't even know what circle of hell that belongs to.

Rating: Needs a lot of work

Making a noise complaint: once you get ahold of someone, they tell you they'll send a maintenance person. Ummm... what?

Thoughts: I guess if they can "fix" the problem. Doesn't really give the guest piece of mind though...

Rating: Meh. It's okay.

Waiting for resolution: about an hour, well past 9 PM.

Thoughts: probably something that could be handled by a quick call to the room, and then a physical check. Normally all it takes is one warning.

Rating: Bad. Much too slow.

Manager responding to negative ratings: might be a robot or is using some sort of pre constructed blurb.

Thoughts: needs better empathy, possibly a proof reader, needs to think of more creative goodwill gestures to leave a better impression, needs to respond like responding to a friend instead of just another reviewer.

Rating: Ugh. Needs work. I could probably help with this one though.

Overall: not impressed. Not the worst, but definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and let us know how your experience was during your stay. I apologize for the noise and telephone issues you experienced during your stay. My front desk staff did exactly what they should have done and send maintenance to investigate. We take every step necessary to prevent issues so that we won't have to "fix" them while a guest is staying with us, but keep in mind that as with all technology, issues can occur at any time and upon my own investigation into the phone I have discovered that during the room inspection before your arrival the phone was functioning properly according to our inspectors notes, which leads me to believe that the phone started having issues sometime after it was inspected and before your arrival or after you checked in. Nevertheless, my staff is more than happy to try and resolve any issues that arise in a prompt and swift manner. I can also assure you that this management response is not an automated robot. We take our guests' needs and concerns very seriously and I can assure you that this review will be discussed in our next departmental meeting.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We liked our stay at this hotel! The front desk was helpful, the room was nice and clean, we had a view of the pool, and it was quiet. One other factor, its across the street from the Cracker Barrel restaurant. The food at the hotel was very good, no complaints at all. We will stay there again. Its (15) freeway close, its close to the down town area, and not far from the Dixie College.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations and we hope to see stay with us again soon.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Needed a good cleaning, carpets, woodwork, baseboards and new sheets and towels. Towels very thin and bed sheets had small holes in them.... Cookies after 5 pm were great.. Kureig coffee in room very good.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize for some of the issues you had with your room. To address some of these issues I have spoken with housekeeping to ensure that worn linen is discarded of properly. We will be undergoing a renovation towards the end of the year and will be replacing all carpet, wood work and furniture in the rooms to give it a fresh and up-to-date fee.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel defines excellence from every angle. The staff, the facility and the services were all well beyond expectations for the price paid. All went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Davee C

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. We look forward to seeing you again.