“I hate to agree.”

Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Zephyrhills, Florida
“I hate to agree.”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

After looking at the other reviews, I have to say that this motel was one of the worst that my girlfriend and I stayed in. While it was a bit dated (we didn't mind that), it was rundown and in need of a facelift. On the plus side, the room was HUGE -- more like an efficiency apartment complete with a small kitchenette and the property was close to Zion National Park. On the downside, the property was dirty, the clientele was suspicious (people swimming fully clothed, people sitting with their doors open smoking, etc.), and the room was fair at best. Given that I had never been to St. George, Utah before, I didn't know there would be so many other hotel choices. You probably would be better off staying at one of those places.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was bitten by bedbugs after staying a single night and on making a complaint told there were no bedbugs. Do not stay at this motel. The service was very unhelpful and the room smelled very bad. I would not recommend staying at this motel to anyone as it was simply not worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam R

Travellers are raving about these St. George hotels

West Jordan, Utah, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed 2 nights, and the only reason we didn't change hotels was because the whole city was full due to the Ironman Triathlon.....1960's decor, holes in the walls, foul odor.....Hotels.com gave a good review before booking and a bunch of poor reviews AFTER booking. DON"T RESERVE IT!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce F
Payson, Utah
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at Coronada's property next door -- Economy Lodge -- and it was absolutely horrible. We couldn't leave quick enough after staying just one, very short night. Where do I begin with what I hated? Pool wasn't open and there was couches where pool loungers should have been. It was a mess! The wi-fi was VERY sketchy and took us forever to connect. The room was very dark and drab. The A/C Heater unit didn't work. I was afraid to take off my shoes! The TV remote didn't work, even after new batteries. The door was only half painted and the room's paint was poorly done. We didn't even use the shower ... we left without even getting ready. The bed was horribly hard! At night the parkinglot light shown directly into our room. So even with the curtains closed, it was bright as day! If my husband had had his way, we would have left at 5 in the morning. But we stuck it out until 7 a.m. AWFUL AWFUL!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer D
Ogden
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This motel was the dirtest that we have ever stayed in - the photos on the internet were not like the actual room. We stayed in a suite and it was dirty, the hot water didn't work most of the time and was dirty, the beds left much to be desired - afraid there were bed bugs and roaches waiting for us! The water dripped all the time in the bathroom and the tub was stained and gross and the bathroom was very small. The so called "free breakfast" wasn't like indicated on the internet. We definitely won't stay here again. The staff was not very accommodating. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Don't waste money staying here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barb C
lund
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This place is awful hot tub water was a green color pool was not heated the pictures posted must gave been taken some where else cause they are not of this hotel. Our room smelled the floor was filthy and our bed had hair in it. when we pulled the sheets off to change the bed we saw the mattress it was covered in pee stains this place should be shut down

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandrab36
Kaysville, Utah, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were all tired from the long drive from California, so excited to get into the hotel and sleep. When we arrived, we wanted to just continue the drive but it was 2am and mom couldn't stay awake that long without possibly risking our lives. The tub was grimy, filthy, and gross. The walls were a neon orange wreck, the carpet was more like a dirty unwelcome mat. I kept my shoes on and laid on my own towels on top of the bed with my one blanket. Thankfully, we were lucky enough not to have bed bugs. The other room which was supposed to be our replacement was crawling with cockroaches. COCKROACHES! Do not stay here, if there was a rating worse than terrible, I would have clicked it. And the other ratings said they wouldn't give refunds!!The health department needs to close this place down! And the people that work there? How could you let families stay in a place you knew was so horrible?! I'm kind of mad it was so bad. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There is no good room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family