“Piece o' Crap Motel and service”

Coronada Inn and Suites
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 8 April 2008

This motel is a total piece of CRAP. this motel is so disgusting that we didn't even stay the the night. They had bugs on the floor, pubic hair in the cabinets and on the towels. The towels were disgusting and looked liked they had never been washed. The floor was tiled and looked liked it had never been mopped. the dressers were all broken and beat up. the pool looked liked it had never been cleaned and that you would catch a disease if you went swimming, the walls had holes in them and they were stuffed with toilet paper. After this expierence we went to the front desk to get our money back and they said that they do not give refunds. I tried talking to the owner but he would not talk to me. This motel sucks, no matter how much money someone offers you do not stay here. there were also transients who live here if they can come up with money for 1 nights stay. We did not feel very safe there at all.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank KaptainKrunch

Reviewed 12 March 2008

My husband and I made a reservation a month ahead of time but our plans changed about 3 days after I made the original reservation. I cancelled the reservation. A week after our scheduled date of check in I looked at our account to find they had charged us for the whole amount of the stay even though I cancelled well ahead of time. I have gotten nothing but the runaround from the management of the hotel. I have contacted the BBB as well and have received no response about this. Do not stay there ever.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fdw12394
Reviewed 5 March 2008

DON'T STAY HERE!!! If you read this review and still stay, then I didn't do my job. You'll be sorry. I can't say anything nice about this hotel. It was dirty t, the bed was set on some kind of wobbly teeter-totter. The furniture looked like leftovers from a garage sale. The shower in the morning was hot then cold then hot then cold. You want to stay at the NIGHTMARE HOTEL then stay at the coronada in St. George UT. I'm not one to spend time writitng reviews but if it saves one person the misery, then it's well worth it. Hope this helps someone!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank WAtraveler002
Reviewed 17 February 2008

When we arrived at the motel we opened our "nonsmoking" room to discover it was filled with smoke the smoke alarm had been removed and exposed wires hung from the wall. The place was filthy and the bathroom had dried urine all around the toliet. Needless to say we immedately returned to the office and told them we would be finding another place to stay and we wanted our money back. The clerk informed us that we would need to pay a 20 dollar "cleaning fee" because now the room was used. I have never seen anything like it. I would stay as far away from this place as possible.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nedivine
Reviewed 7 November 2007

This is by far the worst motel I have ever seen! My husband checked in and paid. We went to our room, it was so dirty we could not stay here! The doors were black from hand prints, the pictures had some kind of food spilled on them, the sheets didn't look like they had been changed. We asked for a refund of our money, they would only refund 50% back! I am reporting them to the Better Business Bereau and the Department of Health. DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank momutah
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Absolutely horrible! We paid for two nights (up front, like they require), but ended up checking out after only one night. We actually considered getting up at 3AM and getting the heck out of there! I doubt I'll get a refund for my second night either. We were very disappointed that out trip was cut short because of our very uncomfortable night.

It looked fine from first glance, but once we settled in for the night, we noticed the bad things.. The bed was slanted and it was like trying to sleep on a hill. I kept rolling off it all night. Thank heavens I took my own blanket and pillows because theirs are gross. The pillows looked like they were 20 years old. At about 3AM, the light above the bathroom sink started flinkering on. One of the bedside lamps didn't work. It was advertised as being a 'kitchenette' so apparently they think that by putting a mini fridge in the room makes it a kitchenette. The soap stinks so I had to use my shower gel to wash my hands. The toilet paper is recycled. There's no kleenexes in the room like there usually is in places.

After seeing the room, we didn't take our chances eating their breakfast food. When I checked out though, it didn't look very good and the guy that was supposed to be behind the counter was sitting in the lobby area watching the breakfast room, which seemed kind of weird. He wasn't very helpful either when I asked to be refunded my second night. He told me I'd have to talk to Paul in an hour. When I called Paul, he said he couldn't do anything and would have to talk to management. He told me they'll call me in a week!

My advice - pay for only one night and see if you can survive the night. Their policy says no refunds, even for early check-out. Which means, if you pay for 2 nights, but stay only one, they are making bank and it would be in their best interest as a business to not bother to fix up their rooms and make the beds level! If the room was comfortable then people would stay the entire time they paid for. Spend the money and stay at a reputable place! If you don't have the money, sleep in your car!!! It will be cleaner and just as comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Sledwaffle
Reviewed 28 November 2006

Comfortable accommodations at a great location on newly re-landscaped St. George Blvd. Within walking distance to local businesses and a convenient central location for sightseeing trips and Huntsman World Senior Games events. New manager and staff efficient and helpful. Entire suite was very clean and included a fully-equipped kitchen with full-sized refrigerator, sink, range and oven. Lots of open-shelf storage space in bedroom. Plenty of room to relax and enjoy . . . and at a bargain price. No complaints. Reservations already made for next year.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple