“Very good, just don't stay in room 123”

Coronada Inn and Suites
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We went for a family trip and reserved 3 rooms. We specifically asked for them to be on the bottom floor because my mom cannot walk up stairs with her broken back. When we got there all 3 rooms were upstairs. We pressured them to find something on the bottom for my mom and they finally gave her 123. The other 2 rooms were nice, just like the pictures on the website. The last room looked like it had not been remodeled yet though. I would not be surprised if the bad reviews for this hotel were because of this room or a select few like it that have not been remodeled yet. Every door that was open as I walked by, I quickly looked in and they all seemed to be nice like the room I was given. I am sorry that my mom had to say in a pretty gross room, but they did switch her the 3rd night to a nicer one. Our room had a big closet organizer which was great. The kitchenette was really nice, but I did bring a large skillet of my own, because I figured they wouldn't have anything big enough to feed a croud. We just bought groceries from the store and fixed our own meals, it worked out well.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2009

My room was dirty , the tile floors were grungy. Mattresses were old and stained. It looked like these were the same mattresses from the great spring break and frat party days of the 80's. ( Make love not war right! ) The night manager Nick was pretty cool and accomidating though. They were pretty tight with their towel allowance (3 towels for 4 people) Pool towels could only cover about a 1 1/2 foot ring around your body if you were not to fat. The soap was pretty cheap, It broke before one person was done showering and did not last for more than two people. The A/C- heater lets out quite a musty odor. A few good things were the two TV's and the cabinentry was nice.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2008

My friend booked this hotel for our Thanksgiving trip with some other friends. He booked 5 rooms for 2 nites. On Wednesday, I went to check the review of this hotel and I was so shocked for so many bad reviews. Especially the cockroach and bugs, cleanliness, etc. So I told my friend to cancel the booking if possible. But it was not possible to cancel (should be 72 hrs before).

I prepared to face the worst. I brought insect repellent, bed sheet and pillow cover. We arrive there at 4AM and the rooms (upstairs) were OK. The rooms downstairs were also OK. The bed sheets were clean. The only problem with my room was with the bathroom faucet stopper. It didn't work, so when we took a shower, the water didn't want to flow out. We have to hold the stopper with hand, in order to let the water out.

Basically, we all are happy with the rooms, the cleanliness, the breakfast waffle was good. That's right the bed doesn't have a headboard, but that's OK. This is a 'budget' suite.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 April 2008

This motel is a total piece of CRAP. this motel is so disgusting that we didn't even stay the the night. They had bugs on the floor, pubic hair in the cabinets and on the towels. The towels were disgusting and looked liked they had never been washed. The floor was tiled and looked liked it had never been mopped. the dressers were all broken and beat up. the pool looked liked it had never been cleaned and that you would catch a disease if you went swimming, the walls had holes in them and they were stuffed with toilet paper. After this expierence we went to the front desk to get our money back and they said that they do not give refunds. I tried talking to the owner but he would not talk to me. This motel sucks, no matter how much money someone offers you do not stay here. there were also transients who live here if they can come up with money for 1 nights stay. We did not feel very safe there at all.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank KaptainKrunch
Reviewed 12 March 2008

My husband and I made a reservation a month ahead of time but our plans changed about 3 days after I made the original reservation. I cancelled the reservation. A week after our scheduled date of check in I looked at our account to find they had charged us for the whole amount of the stay even though I cancelled well ahead of time. I have gotten nothing but the runaround from the management of the hotel. I have contacted the BBB as well and have received no response about this. Do not stay there ever.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fdw12394
Reviewed 5 March 2008

DON'T STAY HERE!!! If you read this review and still stay, then I didn't do my job. You'll be sorry. I can't say anything nice about this hotel. It was dirty t, the bed was set on some kind of wobbly teeter-totter. The furniture looked like leftovers from a garage sale. The shower in the morning was hot then cold then hot then cold. You want to stay at the NIGHTMARE HOTEL then stay at the coronada in St. George UT. I'm not one to spend time writitng reviews but if it saves one person the misery, then it's well worth it. Hope this helps someone!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank WAtraveler002
Reviewed 17 February 2008

When we arrived at the motel we opened our "nonsmoking" room to discover it was filled with smoke the smoke alarm had been removed and exposed wires hung from the wall. The place was filthy and the bathroom had dried urine all around the toliet. Needless to say we immedately returned to the office and told them we would be finding another place to stay and we wanted our money back. The clerk informed us that we would need to pay a 20 dollar "cleaning fee" because now the room was used. I have never seen anything like it. I would stay as far away from this place as possible.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple