“OK but the construction is trying!”

Courtyard St. George
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We booked this hotel in July for two nights so we could visit Mount Zion National Park. On arrival, we found it was under renovation. The lobby was chopped up resulting in limited services. We understand and appreciate the need to renovate but feel Marriott Reservations should have mentioned this at the time. The room was well appointed and very clean bit the noise which went on until after 7 PM was a little much. We will definitely stay here again but would have chosen another property had we known about the construction.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dale26589

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel is under construction, the rooms were okay. The beds were to hard and they want to charge 6.95 for breakfast. I would rather say at the Marriott, and get a free breakfast. out of all the Marriott's I have stayed at The Courtyard Marriott was like i in a motel no more courtyards for me, Marriott Residents Inn is much nicer and the service in better

Room Tip: stay in Marriott residence inn and pay the extra 10.00 for Quality
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Not one of the best places to stay if you want to get a nights rest. Could hear what every room around us was doing, even the room across the hall with 8 kids.
The check in was easy and the young lady was nice and helpful. The pool looked nice, but we were too tired from our travels to try it out.
The hotel has potential if the rooms didn't have thin walls.

Room Tip: A room overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We really liked the room that we stayed in. It was nice and clean. We also had a balcony in our room and the kids loved that. The pool outside was great! At night they have lights going across the pool and there is a lot of privacy back there. The pool was open late 7am-11pm which was great. They had an indoor pool with a hot tub that we used when there was suddenly a wind storm. There was also a very small gym, which was convenient. I like the location, which is close to the Red Rock Mall, many retaurants, and not too far from Tuacahn.

They were doing renovations and so the lobby didn't look great, but I'm sure it will be nice later. They also had a huge crane in front of our window the first day. I was disappointed that they didn't give us complimentary breakfast or something because of the remodeling inconvenience. Many hotels in the area offer free breakfast so I'm surprised that they didn't here. I did go down to the lobby several times with questions and no one was at the desk.

Room Tip: Next time I would request a balcony room facing the pool
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This has been one of my favorite spots to stop on my way to Wyoming. This trip I was sorely disappointed. I knew there were renovations, but upon check in the black plastic draped everywhere was morbid. There was no "sorry for the inconvenience," "pardon our mess" or even a comment from the front desk. Upon check in we noticed they were baking cookies for guests. Not for us though, he had "already given out 50." Really? I can think of competitors who continue to pass out cookies and they aren't remodeling.

The first thing upon walking into the room was a large water bottle with a $3 sign. Nothing complimentary here. I felt I was being nickel and dimed. Breakfast was stuck in a closed in meeting room with old looking food. We all walked out disgusted and said we would eat granola bars. Another huge disappointment!

Other chains appreciate their loyal members, customers and guests. Stay where you aren't treated like a $.

2  Thank lneath
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a nice hotel but government employees should probably look elsewhere for a place to stay. The Courtyard by Marriott is very inconsistent in terms of whether they will grant you the government rate (which is what most hotels offer). I think sometimes it depends on who answers the phone. I've never received a satisfactory answer as to why they offer the gov't rate sometimes and they don't at other times. My recommendation is to go with the Holiday Inn Express in St. George or some other hotel that is more consistent in their pricing policies.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Las Vegas in general is very boat unfriendly. Trump is the exception with valet boat trailer parking. Large guarded lot just next to the hotel. Everyone goes out of their way to be helpful..Hotel rooms are large mini suites with kitchens. No casino and a totally non-smoking hotel. Will definitely stay here again on the way to and from Lake Powell.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are teriific.