“Very lovely property”
Review of The Inn at Entrada

The Inn at Entrada
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at the Inn for a week in mid-April and very much enjoyed our stay. The studio was lovely and spacious for our needs. The patio was nicely private and enjoyable and, though it was over Easter weekend, it was very quiet (except the frogs and screech owl at night) and comfortable. We don't golf and didn't eat at the restaurant in the club house, though we did use the spa a couple of times. Both of our experiences at the spa were lovely. The front desk and sports centre employees were all very gracious and friendly.
Some very minor issues: the pool does get pretty busy and noisy with young kids---not really conducive to sitting by the pool and reading---,the studio apartment could use at least one dresser for clothes, and the bathroom devotes so much space to a large jetted tub that the shower is quite cramped. All of this was easy enough for us to get used to and we would definitely come back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NikoleST, Manager at The Inn at Entrada, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear 742Histprof,

Thank you for your review of the Inn at Entrada! I am glad to hear that although you stayed during our busiest week of the year, the grounds were still quiet and enjoyable.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the pool and the dresser. I will definitely see what solutions we can come up with for both of these issues.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn in the future!

Thanks,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We spent 8 nights at Entrada in April. It was almost the perfect spot for a relaxing, family getaway. The grounds are amazing, the pool is great and the casitas are spacious and comfortable and my husband loved the golf course. We really look forward to coming back again. There are a couple of things that stopped me from giving 5 stars and I hope they will not be an issue when we visit again:

1- When we arrived and checked-in to our 2 BDR Casita everything looked great. I was a little disappointed that we were given the first casita right next to the check-in/lobby. Now that I know the layout I will definitely request a different casita next time -one that offers more privacy (since our back yard area backed up to the common play area/pond) and a better view of the amazing surroundings. It was still a nice spot, I just prefer those on the other side or farther up the street away from the main facility.

2- One major disappointment was that the hot water and refrigeration had both been turned down to the lowest settings and never turned back up for occupancy. Needless to say, none of us got a hot shower the first morning and it really put a damper on using the large soaking tub the first couple of nights. Obviously someone dropped the ball and did not get this unit ready for arriving guests. After my husband turned up the water heaters and refrigeration all was fine.

3- This one is so ridiculous but it really put a sour note on my stay. We used the pool everyday we were there and the staff at check-in were great up until the last two days. Apparently someone decided to enforce a new "policy" of only one towel per person - up until this, I had been asking for and getting one towel for each of my young kids and two towels each for me and my husband. But when we showed up the last two day, the women manning the desk refused to give us more than one towel each. They said they were running low and seemed more than happy to enforce this rule no matter how unfriendly, anti-laundry or anti-service oriented it made them look. First of all, what type of facility puts a limit on pool towels? Maybe Rec Centers but not any upscale resort I've ever been. Most just put stacks of clean towels out and hope their guests don't over use/abuse and actually return them. Second, if you are an upscale/country club resort and only want to provide guests with one towel, THEN GET TOWELS LARGE ENOUGH TO COVER THE CRUSTY OLD LOUNGE CHAIR CUSHIONS and launder them frequently enough so running out is never an issue! Seriously, the pool was never very crowded (even over Easter weekend) so I just don't understand why these particular staff ladies would decide towel rationing was a good idea and that it would make their guests feel special/welcome. I guess I can always pack up our own beach towels next time.

Other than those "fixable" issues, we had a great time at Entrada and St. George. The area could really use some good restaurants (even our meal on the deck at the resort restaurant was very mediocre) we were able to find one great place - Xetava in Kayenta. We went here twice and had the most memorable dinner/food/drinks/setting of our trip.

Room Tip: We got put in unit 202 (probably the least desirable and used), had I known I would have inquired mo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear LJW1969,

Thanks for reviewing the Inn! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please let us know your preferences on the location of your casita next time you book, so we can ensure you get your preferred area. We cannot 100% guarantee any specific room or location, but we can certainly do our best to meet your expectations in that regard for your next visit.

As far as the hot water and refrigeration, this does come as a surprise to me as we never turn those settings down. We encourage our guests to let our front desk staff know of these issues as they occur so we can have our maintenance staff, who is there 7 days a week, take care of the problem right away. As you did, some guests take it upon themselves to solve the issue and I do wonder if perhaps the guests before you had turned it down. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, and will ensure that we are double checking that all settings are at the standard level before check-in.

I also apologize for the lack of pool towels at the Fitness Center. I will also address this issue with their staff so we can prevent that problem from occurring in the future.

I agree that Xetava Gardens in Kayenta is absolutely wonderful; thank you for recommending it to any future visitors who may see this review!

Again, thank you for your feedback and I will do my absolute best to ensure you do not have the same issues during your next stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first trip to St. George, and we were not disappointed! The location is great, and the Inn at Entrada was gorgeous! We loved the property.
We had 2 critiques: 1) the front desk staff seemed understaffed. There were a couple of times when I required assistance, and there was nobody there. When I did find someone, he appeared busy and a bit harried to give the hospitality to match the outstanding property. 2) there were 2 days in which I had to wait for housekeeping. The first time was at check in. We arrived an hour early after an 18 hour drive. I was not surprised that our room was not ready, as we were early. However, the room was still not ready until after the posted check in time. The other time was after returning from an all day excursion, only to find the room not ready. This would normally be fine, except it was nap time for our toddler, which we had to postpone for an hour while I waited for housekeeping to arrive and clean.
That said, the rest of our vacation was amazing! Despite the minor inconveniences, we will return again next year!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kishiyamacm,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn at Entrada!

I apologize that our front desk seemed understaffed at the time of your stay, and that housekeeping did not have your room prepared in a timely manner. April is our busiest month of the year, and we certainly do not want that to take away from our excellent guest services that we pride ourselves on. I will definitely analyze our staffing on front desk and housekeeping during these busier times and adjust accordingly.

I greatly appreciate your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn next year!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is the best place to stay! I wouldn't consider staying any other place. I guess that's why I always return to the Inn at Entrada 3 or 4 times a year. I think of it as my own personal retreat. Also, it is a very short drive to Tuacahn if you intend to visit the musical theater there. The property is beautiful and a wonderful area to walk and relax.

Room Tip: I think the golf course side is the BEST! It's the quietest and the most scenic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Chelita C,

Thank you for your review of the Inn! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback and recommend The Inn and other activities in the area!

We can't wait to welcome you back to the Inn!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have had 3 wonderful stays here in the last 2 years; can't say enough. From the moment you pull into your PRIVATE garage and enter your fabulous casita your beautiful experience begins. Nice kitchen area with coffee, bottled water, small fridge, microwave and dishes.

Great views from your patio, mountains, golf course and small stream.

Bathrooms are very large and well appointed; soft robes, etc.

And every inch of your casita is spotless, so clean and fresh.

You won't regret staying here and will have a wonderful, relaxing visit

Room Tip: We had room # 2201, our favorite.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NikoleST, Manager at The Inn at Entrada, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Georgie P,

Thank you for your thorough review of the Inn at Entrada! Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we are thrilled that you had a wonderful visit. Thank you for providing such a great description of our studio casitas and the room tip for future travelers! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn in the future!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We visited St George to spend time with family, and this was the place my husband and I chose, and we were not disappointed!!! The property is beautiful!! The food at the golf course restaurant was fantastic! This is a place you can come to completely relax, or plan to ride bikes, hike, walk, climb, or drive to Zion within an hour to spend a day. Lots of wonderful things to do and see in the area. Or, just stay on the impeccably kept grounds and enjoy the amazing views, amenities and the casitas. We have visited twice and there will definitely be a third. So glad we found this little gem.

Room Tip: We have stayed on both sides and would choose the southwest side, (although I'm not sure you can...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NikoleST, Manager at The Inn at Entrada, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Michele Y,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad that our property exceeded your expectations for the accommodations, restaurant, views, and grounds! Feel free to give us a call when you are ready to plan your next visit to Saint George.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Husband and I stayed twice at the Inn at Entrada. Once on our drive to California and once on the way back. I chose the Inn at Entrada for several reasons: 1) price was not much more than just your box lodgings 2) away from highway and noises associated 3) our own small private garage, which was very nice and secure since we were traveling in truck (coming and going) loaded with goods and 4) last but not least, we are spoiled rotten travelers that are accustomed to the best of accommodations and this fit the bill perfectly. On our drive to CA, we were put in a East facing condo, we got to see the sun come up (very pretty). On our return trip, we were put in a West facing condo and watched the sun go down (spectacular sunset). Next time we drive through St. George we plan on staying a few extra days at the Inn at Entrada to see all the parklands in the area instead of just our 1 night's stay. I hear the golfing is great!! Next time bringing the clubs

Room Tip: Stay on the west side if you like to watch sunsets
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NikoleST, Manager at The Inn at Entrada, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear iFlyFishForEver,

Thank you for submitting a review of the Inn at Entrada! We are so glad that the Inn met your expectations and that you got to experience the advantages of more than one location on property. Please let us know the next time you will be coming through Saint George. We would love to welcome you back to the Inn, and help you set up some golf here as well!