“INCREDIBLE - AWESOME”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in St. George
South Florida, Florida
“INCREDIBLE - AWESOME”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is an incredible 5-star, luxury inn – make no mistake! From the online reservations through the check-out, everything is easy and perfect. I saw on Trip Advisor, this is the #2 hotel. I can only imagine what the #1 must be – I think this should be #1! I am travelling for 2 months and it is going to be difficult for me to give anything else 5 stars! I think this place deserves 10 stars; it sets the bar pretty high.

My SHORT VERSION: Clean. Friendly. Luxurious. Beautiful. Unsurpassed view. Stay here – you won’t regret it for one second!

Long version: As you drive up the hill, this inn stands alone on this cliff (location, location, location!). It just seems like a regular hotel – nice, but nothing outstanding about it. The brickwork on the front is nice, as are the doors, which match the color of the red rocks. But, no big deal. . . YET! It’s when you get inside that you realize what a magnificent place this is, and more than worth the price (which I didn’t find expensive at all).

I was greeted by a charming young man named Mana. He was so nice and explained all the amenities this inn has and was just such a pleasant person to be greeted by when checking in; such a wonderful employee - he is an asset to the inn!

When I walked in my room, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. It was SO clean and fresh and with such modern, updated furnishings (incredible attention to detail by the owners). The bed looked soooo luxurious and clean (it was!). And, that VIEW - spectacular! There was also a table and chairs in my room, a big flat-screen TV, a nice nightstand, and some cool, but minimalistic, furnishings around. There’s a nice little closet with drawers at the very entrance of the room. I loved that the entranceway and into the bathroom was tiled; the rest of the room was carpeted.

Of course, the balcony view was magnificent. It overlooks St. George and those beautiful mountains. The room is bright and sunny from the big sliding glass doors. I left my curtains open and got a beautiful sunrise the morning I left; nice way to wake up!

The bed. Oh, my, I didn’t want to get out of it. The sheets were SO crisp and WHITE and you just slid into them. The bed was firm, but cushy and so luxurious. I checked in at 3pm, intending to go out into St. George after checking in. I didn’t leave my room until check-out time the next day. I just wanted to be in that room for as long as possible!

My room had a Keurig coffee pot with little coffees for it, a frig, and GOOD free wifi. Besides the table and chairs inside, there are also chairs on the balcony. Despite the 100 degree heat, it was nice sitting out there – there was a delicious breeze.

The bathroom was like what you would find in a high-end spa. From the beautiful tiled floor, to the very modern square sink, to the fluffy, plush VERY WHITE towels and shower curtain, everything was beautiful! I LOVE cloth shower curtains like they have here. Everything in my bathroom looked brand new!

I didn’t eat at the restaurant, but saw it and it was so pretty. There is also a little outdoor eating area. There’s a gym my friend used and said it was great; there was a big window with that wonderful view. I saw that they were building a pool, but it wasn’t completed yet (I stayed 06/03/2014).

There is a complimentary breakfast in the mornings – that they bring to your room! When I checked in, the young man told me to just call when I wanted the breakfast. I called about 9am and within a few minutes a very nice young lady knocked on the door with our breakfast. The presentation was beautiful. It was some kind of DELICIOUS pastry, fresh orange juice, yogurt and granola, a granola bar, and a wonderful fresh fruit cup – it was just perfect. I am a basic person, and calling someone up to bring my breakfast is just NOT my style. But, there is nothing pretentious about this inn – that’s just the way they do things. I have to say that it was a really nice luxury just to make a phone call and my breakfast appeared. Nice perk I could get used to.

If it seems from this review that I liked this place, that would be correct. It was truly one of the nicer places I have stayed (I travel a lot). My room rate was $120, which wasn’t bad at all. The local Marriott was about the same rate. I saw this inn on a friend’s Facebook, and, I really wasn’t planning on staying in St. George, but I liked the photos of it, so I stayed here. I am so glad I did, and when I find myself in St. George again, I will most definitely be a repeat customer.

p.s. If I HAD to complain about one thing, it would be the smell of cleaning product / air freshener (not sure which) in my room. It was rather strong. Some people like this, but I don’t like any smells at all. I opened up the balcony door, and let the room air out a bit and the smell went away. But, when I was walking towards check-out in the morning, I did notice that housekeeping was cleaning some rooms, and I smelled that stuff again. If you are a person (like me) who doesn’t like smells, maybe call ahead and ask that they give you a room that hasn’t been cleaned with that strong-smelling stuff. This is a minor complaint, and would not prevent me from staying here again. The sheets and towels did NOT have a smell on them of perfumed laundry detergent.

Room Tip: Check in as soon as you can. You will want to spend as much time as possible in these beautiful roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank tczig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Korean first
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel sits on a cliff overlooking St. George and has fantastic views. The room was clean and well decorated. Nice refrigerator and great coffee maker. Bed was very comfortable. The management was friendly and the help very helpful. It was a little pricey. The continental breakfast was served in our room on small trays. The fruit was fresh and the juice was from a carton. They served yogurt with granola in a 1 oz cup with a baby spoon ( a little weird). They also had two granola bars. We found the continental breakfast thing a little different. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor about the middle of the building and really liked it.
2 Thank loutravel1944
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Inn on the Cliff. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your kind review of the rooms, the staff, the breakfast and the view overlooking St. George! We are happy to hear that you would return if your travels bring you back to Southern Utah in the future, and we hope you will also take the opportunity to try our Cliffside Restaurant on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back on the cliff!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Inn has wonderful views both day and night but the place is not quite completed. The dining room was having a function which left customers without parking near their room. There was construction going on to finish the pool and balcony in the dining area. There was no liquor license yet so we were unable to get a drink. The hostess looked at my husband(wearing shorts) with horror when he went to look at the dining room. The boxed breakfast delivered to our room was fresh and delicious. The price was reasonable but we wish they were completed with the inn before they opened.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MollyPennsylvania
Th0mas_H984, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Our pool will be done in the next two weeks and we are excited for our guests to have a pool and spa experience on the cliff. We will work hard to complete it and are sorry it was not ready for this guest. This is a golfing, hiking community and we welcome guests in shorts.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 May 2014

They did a great job remodeling this place. The views are fantastic and the service too! The location is perfect not really secluded but up on the cliff so you for sure want a car unless you like walking up steep hills. We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was very good too. When they complete to pool there would be no reason to choose another hotel in the area even with kids. - my only qualm is that there was not enough coffee in the room only two keurig regulars. With the great balcony it would have been nice to refill my coffee while I watched the sun rise, although they are so nice I am sure they would have brought more if I requested.

Room Tip: I imagine every room is pretty cool
1 Thank ally n
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and for staying with us at Inn on the Cliff. We are glad that you found the rooms, the view, the restaurant and the service to your liking! We look forward to seeing you again once our pool is completed within the next week or so! And if you ever have any special requests in the future, know that our staff will happily accommodate all your needs as you stay with us as an honored guest! Thanks again!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The rooms have modern design and ours, on the second floor, was super clean, even the bathroom. All rooms have a balcony with a nice view of town. Personnel was very accommodating. Breakfast is delivered to room in cute tray, all food was fresh and yummy.The only negative was the noise from the street below.

• Stayed May 2014
Amery, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked three nights with three rooms for our party of 5 which included our 3 year old grandson. The rooms were wonderful, the view was excellent but the Staff, from the owners down where Exceptional. Smiles and courtesy were the order of the day. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay as memorable as possible. A truly pleasant and enjoyable experience. Views, Rooms and Restaurant all Excellent. We were all spoiled, even the special chocolate milk for grandson. We were in St. George for a family reunion. Cheers, Marty Noonan, Amery, WI

Room Tip: All the rooms and restaurant have spectacular views. The pool and spa were being built but will have...
1 Thank Marty N
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us such a stunning review! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything about your stay, especially the staff. We are excited to get our pool opened within the next week or two so we can truly complete our guests' experience. We hope to see you again on the cliff next time your travels bring you to St. George! Thanks again!
USA
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Loved the view and the newly renovated room. Comfortable bed, chic furnishings. Nice to sit on the balcony. Really enjoyed dinner at the restaurant. Light breakfast (yogurt, danish, juice, etc.) delivered to our room was a nice convenience. It will be terrific when the pool opens.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flex_nc
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Inn on the Cliff, and for your pleasant review of our rooms, the restaurant, the breakfast, and the view overlooking St. George. We're glad you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to seeing you again when our pool opens the first week of June!