“If only they were all like this place”
Review of Inn on the Cliff

Inn on the Cliff
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great spot, really nice mom and pop place that comes off as semi-luxurious. Nice attached restaurant, better than average breakfast (included) delivered to your door in the morning, and excellent desserts at the restaurant. Will stay there every time we visit SG.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pbruno74

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I made a quick trip to St. George for business. I selected the Inn on the Cliff because it had such great reviews. I am glad I did. Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet. They must have just remodeled because everything was new. The view was amazing.

The staff was very good. I believe I was thanked for staying with them 5 times by different staff members. These people want your business and it shows. I've never seen a hotel staff try so hard. The continental breakfast delivered to our room was a very nice touch too.

The pool and hot tub were not yet completed when we stayed but I am sure they'll be perfect upon completion.

These guys know what they are doing. It was a pleasure to stay here and I look forward to our next. visit!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan M
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Inn on the Cliff! Thank you for visiting us, and we appreciate the time you took to review our rooms, the breakfast and especially our staff. We truly do care about every guest who stays with us, so we are glad you had such a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and that you can enjoy our newly opened pool! Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent 5 days here at this inn on top of the hill. Had great views of St. George. Very comfortable accommodations, Very quiet. Room decorated with good taste. Had a refrig and coffee in room aside from pastries and fruit for breakfast brought to the room. Next door is their restaurant and just opened a month ago. Will improve over time. Was in process of installing pool and spa which will add another positive. We do recommend staying at this diamond in the rough!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being upstairs since the view is outstanding!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janies461
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a great city & mountain view hotel. Small but newly remodeled. The staff (Mainly Emily) are great and sincerely friendly. The included breakfast is modest but very healthy. Fresh fruit,yogurt with nuts,orange juice and orange wedges and a questionable roll.

I just slept there so I was not able to try the restaurant although locals seem to keep it very busy. St George is a very nice city and I spent a couple days here because one of my friends is retiring here soon so he bought a house and we explored the city.

I would recommend this place and know most would love it. It is not cheap but that is never my goal.

Room Tip: Only good rooms with great city & Mountain Views available. Two floors but very quiet in rooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SCTomas

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel staff, breakfast, and the beautiful city we call home. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to St. George and to our hotel! Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again on the cliff!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is an incredible 5-star, luxury inn – make no mistake! From the online reservations through the check-out, everything is easy and perfect. I saw on Trip Advisor, this is the #2 hotel. I can only imagine what the #1 must be – I think this should be #1! I am travelling for 2 months and it is going to be difficult for me to give anything else 5 stars! I think this place deserves 10 stars; it sets the bar pretty high.

My SHORT VERSION: Clean. Friendly. Luxurious. Beautiful. Unsurpassed view. Stay here – you won’t regret it for one second!

Long version: As you drive up the hill, this inn stands alone on this cliff (location, location, location!). It just seems like a regular hotel – nice, but nothing outstanding about it. The brickwork on the front is nice, as are the doors, which match the color of the red rocks. But, no big deal. . . YET! It’s when you get inside that you realize what a magnificent place this is, and more than worth the price (which I didn’t find expensive at all).

I was greeted by a charming young man named Mana. He was so nice and explained all the amenities this inn has and was just such a pleasant person to be greeted by when checking in; such a wonderful employee - he is an asset to the inn!

When I walked in my room, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. It was SO clean and fresh and with such modern, updated furnishings (incredible attention to detail by the owners). The bed looked soooo luxurious and clean (it was!). And, that VIEW - spectacular! There was also a table and chairs in my room, a big flat-screen TV, a nice nightstand, and some cool, but minimalistic, furnishings around. There’s a nice little closet with drawers at the very entrance of the room. I loved that the entranceway and into the bathroom was tiled; the rest of the room was carpeted.

Of course, the balcony view was magnificent. It overlooks St. George and those beautiful mountains. The room is bright and sunny from the big sliding glass doors. I left my curtains open and got a beautiful sunrise the morning I left; nice way to wake up!

The bed. Oh, my, I didn’t want to get out of it. The sheets were SO crisp and WHITE and you just slid into them. The bed was firm, but cushy and so luxurious. I checked in at 3pm, intending to go out into St. George after checking in. I didn’t leave my room until check-out time the next day. I just wanted to be in that room for as long as possible!

My room had a Keurig coffee pot with little coffees for it, a frig, and GOOD free wifi. Besides the table and chairs inside, there are also chairs on the balcony. Despite the 100 degree heat, it was nice sitting out there – there was a delicious breeze.

The bathroom was like what you would find in a high-end spa. From the beautiful tiled floor, to the very modern square sink, to the fluffy, plush VERY WHITE towels and shower curtain, everything was beautiful! I LOVE cloth shower curtains like they have here. Everything in my bathroom looked brand new!

I didn’t eat at the restaurant, but saw it and it was so pretty. There is also a little outdoor eating area. There’s a gym my friend used and said it was great; there was a big window with that wonderful view. I saw that they were building a pool, but it wasn’t completed yet (I stayed 06/03/2014).

There is a complimentary breakfast in the mornings – that they bring to your room! When I checked in, the young man told me to just call when I wanted the breakfast. I called about 9am and within a few minutes a very nice young lady knocked on the door with our breakfast. The presentation was beautiful. It was some kind of DELICIOUS pastry, fresh orange juice, yogurt and granola, a granola bar, and a wonderful fresh fruit cup – it was just perfect. I am a basic person, and calling someone up to bring my breakfast is just NOT my style. But, there is nothing pretentious about this inn – that’s just the way they do things. I have to say that it was a really nice luxury just to make a phone call and my breakfast appeared. Nice perk I could get used to.

If it seems from this review that I liked this place, that would be correct. It was truly one of the nicer places I have stayed (I travel a lot). My room rate was $120, which wasn’t bad at all. The local Marriott was about the same rate. I saw this inn on a friend’s Facebook, and, I really wasn’t planning on staying in St. George, but I liked the photos of it, so I stayed here. I am so glad I did, and when I find myself in St. George again, I will most definitely be a repeat customer.

p.s. If I HAD to complain about one thing, it would be the smell of cleaning product / air freshener (not sure which) in my room. It was rather strong. Some people like this, but I don’t like any smells at all. I opened up the balcony door, and let the room air out a bit and the smell went away. But, when I was walking towards check-out in the morning, I did notice that housekeeping was cleaning some rooms, and I smelled that stuff again. If you are a person (like me) who doesn’t like smells, maybe call ahead and ask that they give you a room that hasn’t been cleaned with that strong-smelling stuff. This is a minor complaint, and would not prevent me from staying here again. The sheets and towels did NOT have a smell on them of perfumed laundry detergent.

Room Tip: Check in as soon as you can. You will want to spend as much time as possible in these beautiful roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel sits on a cliff overlooking St. George and has fantastic views. The room was clean and well decorated. Nice refrigerator and great coffee maker. Bed was very comfortable. The management was friendly and the help very helpful. It was a little pricey. The continental breakfast was served in our room on small trays. The fruit was fresh and the juice was from a carton. They served yogurt with granola in a 1 oz cup with a baby spoon ( a little weird). They also had two granola bars. We found the continental breakfast thing a little different. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor about the middle of the building and really liked it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank loutravel1944
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at Inn on the Cliff. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your kind review of the rooms, the staff, the breakfast and the view overlooking St. George! We are happy to hear that you would return if your travels bring you back to Southern Utah in the future, and we hope you will also take the opportunity to try our Cliffside Restaurant on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back on the cliff!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Inn has wonderful views both day and night but the place is not quite completed. The dining room was having a function which left customers without parking near their room. There was construction going on to finish the pool and balcony in the dining area. There was no liquor license yet so we were unable to get a drink. The hostess looked at my husband(wearing shorts) with horror when he went to look at the dining room. The boxed breakfast delivered to our room was fresh and delicious. The price was reasonable but we wish they were completed with the inn before they opened.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MollyPennsylvania
Th0mas_H984, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Our pool will be done in the next two weeks and we are excited for our guests to have a pool and spa experience on the cliff. We will work hard to complete it and are sorry it was not ready for this guest. This is a golfing, hiking community and we welcome guests in shorts.