Chalet Motel
Sands Motel(St. George)
Econo Lodge(St. George)
Comfort Suites(St. George)
View Hotel
Motel 6 St. George(St. George)
View Hotel
All reviewslarge kitchenettecounter topbathroom fixturesovernight staywifi worked wellnice bathroomdixie statewithin walking distanceroom was spotlessqueen bedgeorge blvdgreat pricechecking outmicrowave and fridgedefinitely stay here againa great place to stayflat screen tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I recently stayed at this property. I was there for a month. I can't say enough great things about Chalet Motel. The rooms have been recently renovated and have stoves, fridges, and microwaves, all new and modern. The rooms are clean, comfortable and close too shopping, food and entertainment.
On top of the great rooms and even better are the Managers Sharon and Reuben. Sharon and Reuben went out of there way for myself and my family. Sharon and Reuben made my stay very special and I can't thank them enough.
If you want a great place to stay, great price and incredible Management and Staff you can't go wrong at Chalet Motel. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank MrD63
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This place is good for a night, on your way to where ever you are headed. St. George has some nice things to see, as well.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room, away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank srarakawa
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The Chalet is family owned and operated. It is a true mom-and-pop style motel that hearkens back to the 1950's, and is architecturally from that era by appearances. As such, it has only around 20 rooms, no pool, and no other amenities such as a guest washer and dryer like one might find at other similarly priced motels. As expected, the motel is located in the older part of St. George - far enough from Interstate 15 so as to not be obvious to the casual seeker of lodging, but yet on the main drag of St. George Blvd. It's down the hill a bit from where the Blvd. is level past the McDonald's. If it's quiet you are seeking, you've found the right motel.

The rooms have been updated with very nice furniture, which is very high grade in quality - a plus. Towels were plush, and not like typical towels like most other places we've stayed at on our trip. Our room also had a microwave and refrigerator, both functioning and already plugged in. The plumbing controls and functions operated flawlessly.

This being Mormon country, there is no coffee in the front desk area, nor any coffeemakers in the room. Surprisingly, there were also no copies of the Book of Mormon in the room either, and no Gideon Bible. Must have been getting some Southern California influences or something. . .

We didn't appreciate the overly high table and the one high chair that went with it. Too high for my wife to use (she is on the petite side) and I found it not to be terribly comfortable to use as well. My wife also complained that the mattress seemed to not give her proper back support. I thought the bed's mattress was fine, though my wife thinks the mattress was in need of replacement. On the other hand, this bed actually had decorative accountrements like we have at home - the only motel we found on this trip that did. A nice touch.

I found that the bathroom fixtures at the upper levels were in need of a mild dusting, but no biggie. Be careful not to place the television remote on top of the television. . . if you push it back, it gets lodged in the area behind the television, which is a heavy older style tube unit - not a flat screen television that would alleviate this problem from happening. We couldn't hear any of the other guests through the walls or floors. . . a plus.

The "mom" of this motel couple served as the desk clerk during our stay, and though she was competent in her duties, she appeared to me to be on the scatterbrained side and not entirely, shall I say, "with it." Allow five to ten extra minutes for checking in if she is desk clerking.

Note also: Friday and Saturday nights have a higher rate than the weekday nights.

Room Tip: Telephone the motel in advance
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Underdog_SPP
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Well located, not expensive, clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brzap
skylaw22, Owner at Chalet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2010

Don't let the view from the outside and the busy street location fool you. Extremely roomy and well appointed rooms for a motor lodge like this Nice kitchen area with full-size refrigerator, microwave, sink, countertop, and cupboards with kitchen table seating. Good size bathroom with upgraded features for what you would expect from a motor lodge. Very clean. Comfy bed. Quiet considering it is off the main street. Price is right and very friendly and welcoming management. Close (a few blocks walking distance) to bus pick up and finish line for marathon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends