“Exceptional ..very up to date rooms, stainless appliances, granite counters, walkin closet”
Review of Chalet Motel

Chalet Motel
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Maid service impecable..
front desk handles all problems.
rates are best in town for type of room and comfort of air conditioning.

THe rooms are up to date and the managers keep the grounds and the rooms very much in tip top shape.

Room Tip: any room is great
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank turnerbone

Reviewed 12 July 2011

This place is great! First the lady at the front desk was so very nice...the room was nice and even the towels and fixtures in the bathroom were like in a home not in a hotel. It was like I went home and stayed with my mom...all the touches of home at a GREAT price.....on my trip I traveled to Montana, Bend, Oregon, Vegas, Denver and Los Angeles...this by far was the most pleasant of all my hotels!...This is listed as a Budget Hotel but my stay was 5 Stars all the way! Look forward to seeing you guys again!
Thanks again!
S Tingle

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank traveltheworld23031
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My sister and I were just making a quick, overnight pit-stop through Utah on our road trip and decided to come here because of the good reviews and the price. We were shocked at how nice the inside of the room was! It had a full kitchen, full refrig, table, leather couch, and just a good, overall design. Best motel I've ever stayed in....and I've stayed in quite a few since I'm on a student budget :) Anyways, highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jmiller333
Reviewed 15 May 2011

A great place to stay for a night or a month. Clean rooms, great location and run by two of the nicest people you will ever meet, (Sharon and her husband Reuben). My son stayed here for about a month and will definitely return when he gets back from his trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Razzer960
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I recently stayed at this property. I was there for a month. I can't say enough great things about Chalet Motel. The rooms have been recently renovated and have stoves, fridges, and microwaves, all new and modern. The rooms are clean, comfortable and close too shopping, food and entertainment.
On top of the great rooms and even better are the Managers Sharon and Reuben. Sharon and Reuben went out of there way for myself and my family. Sharon and Reuben made my stay very special and I can't thank them enough.
If you want a great place to stay, great price and incredible Management and Staff you can't go wrong at Chalet Motel. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank MrD63
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This place is good for a night, on your way to where ever you are headed. St. George has some nice things to see, as well.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room, away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank srarakawa
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The Chalet is family owned and operated. It is a true mom-and-pop style motel that hearkens back to the 1950's, and is architecturally from that era by appearances. As such, it has only around 20 rooms, no pool, and no other amenities such as a guest washer and dryer like one might find at other similarly priced motels. As expected, the motel is located in the older part of St. George - far enough from Interstate 15 so as to not be obvious to the casual seeker of lodging, but yet on the main drag of St. George Blvd. It's down the hill a bit from where the Blvd. is level past the McDonald's. If it's quiet you are seeking, you've found the right motel.

The rooms have been updated with very nice furniture, which is very high grade in quality - a plus. Towels were plush, and not like typical towels like most other places we've stayed at on our trip. Our room also had a microwave and refrigerator, both functioning and already plugged in. The plumbing controls and functions operated flawlessly.

This being Mormon country, there is no coffee in the front desk area, nor any coffeemakers in the room. Surprisingly, there were also no copies of the Book of Mormon in the room either, and no Gideon Bible. Must have been getting some Southern California influences or something. . .

We didn't appreciate the overly high table and the one high chair that went with it. Too high for my wife to use (she is on the petite side) and I found it not to be terribly comfortable to use as well. My wife also complained that the mattress seemed to not give her proper back support. I thought the bed's mattress was fine, though my wife thinks the mattress was in need of replacement. On the other hand, this bed actually had decorative accountrements like we have at home - the only motel we found on this trip that did. A nice touch.

I found that the bathroom fixtures at the upper levels were in need of a mild dusting, but no biggie. Be careful not to place the television remote on top of the television. . . if you push it back, it gets lodged in the area behind the television, which is a heavy older style tube unit - not a flat screen television that would alleviate this problem from happening. We couldn't hear any of the other guests through the walls or floors. . . a plus.

The "mom" of this motel couple served as the desk clerk during our stay, and though she was competent in her duties, she appeared to me to be on the scatterbrained side and not entirely, shall I say, "with it." Allow five to ten extra minutes for checking in if she is desk clerking.

Note also: Friday and Saturday nights have a higher rate than the weekday nights.

Room Tip: Telephone the motel in advance
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple