“Too bad we were only staying for 1 night. Excellent motel!”
Review of Chalet Motel

Chalet Motel
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were traveling from Page to Las Vegas and were looking for a motel which was more or less in the middle. On tripadvisor we found this motel and we were not sure if this was a good or bad motel because it only had a few ratings at that time.

When we arrive the Innkeepers (Ruben and Sharon Connor) were very friendly and welcoming. After our conversation with them we went to the room and were amazed that they could offer such nice rooms for so low rates. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped with appliances. The bathroom was also clean.

We've seen a lot of motels during our 4 weeks trip in the USA but this was really one of the best and by far the best value for money. Too bad we were only staying for 1 night.

Thank you Ruben and Sharon!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patrick_987
There are newer reviews for Chalet Motel

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We have had the opportunity when on business/pleasure travel to stay twice in the last 3 months, at the Chalet Motel in St. George, UT. It is a small mom and pop run hotel, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and they are always appreciative of your visit. This last time we stayed in April, we were on the way home from a trip to California. We came in tired and in need of a good nights rest, and they went out of their way to accommodate us with their best room. The prices are affordable and the rooms have fridges, which comes in handy for a family traveling with kids. Our last room there had a very nice little kitchenette, and comfortable beds. Our room was also very quiet and we had a great nights rest. There are also many restaurants and fast food places nearby, many within a short walk. We're two for two now, so this hotel will be our stopping place when we travel through that area.

Room Tip: Ask if one of the new rooms is available. But if not, the other rooms are also very clean and comfor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Marla S
Reviewed 23 May 2012

What a surprise this little gem is! First, know that the Chalet used to have a sketchy reputation, but it's under new management and definitely worth checking out. Driving past, you might be think of this as an older motel with not much to offer. Wrong! The interiors are beautiful! No smoking in any room, so it smells great. The mom & pop who run it are very friendly and helpful. My husband found the Chalet while working in St. George. He couldn't find a room anywhere else, and went there instead. He's stayed there on his own many times, and the managers know him by name. I've stayed there with him a few times, and they know me, now, too. You'll not find a cheaper place to stay in St. George, and the rooms are so pretty! The whole place is furnished more like an apartment than a motel.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have a nice kitchenette. Upstairs rooms don't.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank C O
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed at Chalet Motel with my 3 year old. After seeing my pet, the innkeeper let me know they do not allow pets in the rooms. After paying for my room I assured the innkeeper that my pet would be sleeping in the car which she has done before and she would not bark or be in the room at all. We were tired and would only be there a short while to sleep. I parked my vehicle closest to the office. We were struggling to sleep as there was a lot of banging, noise and the light blared in through the blinds, the fan was extremely loud, there are no curtains and the beds are uncomfortable as well. My three year old finally fell to sleep and I was drifting when the manager/owner came banging loudly at my door (it was almost midnight). I was startled. He asked where my vehicle was and said there were not any dogs in any vehicles as he had looked. I was shaking and very frightened . I am less than 100 lbs. a single mom traveling with my little one and no one else was around- not to mention it being in the middle of the night and we were traveling out of less than ideal circumstances. I took him to my car and he pointed his flashlight on my shivering little dog sitting on her blanket in the back seat. He stormed off, not saying a word. I was left to deal with my own fright and my little one awake and scared as well. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the owner the next morning as I returned my room key. While she apologized for her husbands rude behavior, she was adamant that her mistake was that she had allowed me to stay when they had a strict "no pets" policy. Wow, interestingly enough my pet hadn't stayed there. I was a paying customer who deserved a refund at the very least, an apology from her husband and acknowledgement from her for her part. To say we desperately needed a good nights sleep free from abuse and unkind people would be an understatement. That is certainly not what we experienced. They display a photo of Jesus Christ on their front counter. It was clean though. I'm sure he's very impressed.

Room Tip: My tip would be to stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank simplyb12
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and 2 children stayed here in late March 2012. Rented the room with 3 queen beds. It was clean, quiet and $55 --perfect.

Found it on Tripadvisor---thanks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here with my wife based on the glowing reviews (clean, innkeepers, etc.). I guess we are picky, I know my wife is. The place is old, the furniture in the room we had was beat up, the mattresses leaned to a side, and the bathroom wallpaper was retreating from the wall due to water damage. Worst was the room faces the St George Blvd and a used car lot that are both lit 24/7. There are no drapes; so a dark nights sleep was not possible.

We booked 3 days. When we asked to leave a day early we got a bit of an argument. In all my years traveling I have never received anything like that when I had stayed at least one night.

If it were just me (a male) I would have been fine. However, my wife has more discerning taste and an eye for quality. It is clean, old and cheap. Not anything more.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This motel and its innkeepers, deserve high praise! It was so affordable and impeccably clean. This will continue to be my first choice whenever Im in St George. I have never written a review for any lodging before throughout all of my traveling all over the western US and Canada... but this motel is worth talking about!

(I have also regrettably stayed at the "St George Best Inn", which was so nasty- do not ever go there!)

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor if possible, so you don't get noise from above.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple