“A Little Gem”
Review of Chalet Motel

Chalet Motel
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night recently at the Chalet Motel en route to Colorado from Los Angeles. I have to admit some trepidation before arrival as the charge for a single room was only $38.00! Still, the reviews on trip advisor were very positive. Once again, my fellow travelers didn't let me down. The Chalet is not fancy but the room was spotless. We had a comforatable king bed, an nice bath/shower combo and vanity, leather couch and small sitting area, large kitchen area with a full sized (stainless!) fridge, sink, and microwave. The innkeepers were friendly and helpful, offering suggestions for restaurants, etc. We woke up very early the next morning to play golf (before the temperature reached 106!) I wished we were staying another night. We take this road trip quite often and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizafaye1

Reviewed 17 June 2013

My girlfriend and I were skeptical about the positive ratings and reasonable price, but after staying here, we couldn't agree more! Very nice and clean rooms, with a tempurpedic bed, granite counter tops, television and internet. The sweetest couple manages the place too! I left my camera battery charger there, and not only did they track me down, they mailed it to me right away as well! I couldn't be happier with the service, and the rooms were amazing for the price!

Room Tip: Room 207 did not share any walls with other rooms, but it did not have a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bret C
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I read about The Chalet in a travel book and decided to give it a try while I was on backpacking trip and needed a break from sleeping on the ground. I walked up and got a room easily. The staff was very helpful and gave me a map of St. George and a list of restaurants. They also pointed me to the nearest grocery store.

The room had a kitchen and fridge. Excellent! The kitchen chairs could use a little cleaning, however. No big deal. My main problem was that the blinds let in too much light. I sleep late and this is always a problem for me. I had to clip my tent and footprint over the blinds to block the light. Next time I will bring a small tarp for the window.

Overall I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ES335L4
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This place was a nice suprise for the $38 a night I paid. The couple that is running this place ( might be the owners), were very nice and helpful. They let us know of local places for eating and entertainment. Is close to the highway and food and shopping, The room was very clean and large. Within walking distance of a few fast food places and a small store. They also came around to let us know ahead of time, there would be repair work done on the road. Would stay here again if coming this way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I loved my stay at this motel. I was surprised with the quality for the price we paid. I was only staying for one night and just wanted somewhere clean to sleep. It was close the the free way. staff was friendly and helpful. I stayed in a room that was not connected the the main hotel so I don't know what the other rooms are like but mine was larger than I expected, had a kitchen and was very clean. It also looked like it had been remodeled because everything had a new feel and look. I stayed in two other hotels on my trip to California and this was by far the best and least expensive one out of all of them. I will for sure be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank MayMayWare
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is a first class hotel..The room was big and clean and very comfortable....Also the hotel owners were very nice and took time to give us directions and maps to the nearby scenic locations....We spent a few nightly hours there so would not be able to tell much more but I would stress on the fact that the room was very very clean and the beds very comfortable....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amarta g
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights last week (April 13 & 14, 2013). Our room was very clean and comfortable; it had a surprisingly large bathroom with granite counter tops. We were pleased and satisfied with the room and the service. The real quality of the owners and employees came out after we had checked out and left.
I had put my 2 rings (my wedding band and a cherished High School ring that belonged to an uncle who I never got to meet in this life) in the night stand drawer, and forgot them. That afternoon I received a call from the owner, Sharon. She let me know that the housekeeper had found my rings, so I made arrangements to pick them up on our way back through St. George a couple of days later.
I appreciated that the housekeeper is so very thorough in her duties that she found them before someone else did, and that she is an honest person who would do the right thing and make sure they were returned to the owner. In addition, I was grateful that the owners find and retain such great people as employees who serve us as we would hope to be served.
I have retrieved my rings and thanked them in person. And now I thank them publicly for providing clean, attractive, and comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price.
My wife and I most favorably recommend this motel to all. We feel honored to have stayed there and to have met these good people, and we will stay again and again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business