“Definitely Recommended - would come back here”

Comfort Inn at Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in St. George
California City, California
“Definitely Recommended - would come back here”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Breakfast was good, bacon, eggs, waffle, etc on weekdays and they added sausage during the weekend. They have a cappucino machine along with regular coffee. We were pleasantly surprised that the manager was checking each one of us during breakfast how the food was. The 2 waffle makers definitely helps during breakfast rush hours. Staff were generally courteous and welcoming with the exception of one female wearing glasses during check out time, she did not even look at us while checking out. Room and bathroom was clean. The only bad thing is that they were cleaning the pool while people were there, it would be nice if they could clean the pool before the pool access hours and put more towels in the pool area. Shower curtains also does not hold water inside the bath tubs, the rods are curved.

Room Tip: If you want quiet rooms, choose a 3rd floor so you cannot hear any pets or children running on top o...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 23 May 2011

the housekeepers or someone with access to our rooms stole my daughter's ipod and two other patrons on the third floor had an ipad and itouch stolen the same day. the manager did nothing about it. keep your stuff safe in your car...in the parking lot...that way at least your alarm will go off. better yet, stay at a better and safer hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank camille009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed with our extended family over spring break and the hotel looked nice. The free breakfast was good. The hotel was clean. The only down fall was the mattresses. I am mid thirties and the beds were so uncomfortable I was in pain. My teenage daughter complained of back pain. Her bed was so poor that the mattress caved in. In my parents room the mattresses were no better. If you have a strong back then this hotel is fine but if you have any back problems at all, choose somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank goingonavacation
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 26 March 2011

For what it's worth my wife said she'd give it 2 stars then she said 2.5 stars "maybe". I asked why. "It stinks?" followed by "bed from hell? Worst I've ever slept on?" Overall I agree. So my review:

1) "It stinks" - not in a nasty, old, rotting/smoke/pee way but like they use the worst possible concoction of cleaning chemicals - the hotel is spotless clean and new/newer. Can't quite put your finger on the smell but it's pervasive (not much in the rooms thank goodness) and bad.

2) "Bed from hell" - to me I've had worse but not my wife. Certainly not real comfortable beds. Wife said she wanted to get up at 5:30AM just to no longer sleep.

3) Good effort, but... - each interaction we had with the staff wasn't bad, but let some to be desired. Zombie'esk, slow to smile, bleh .... that sort. Unimpressive in a competitive world where you see stars shine. The manager, bless his heart, really tries: dresses to the nines, is out "working the crowd" at breakfast, but ah therein is the problem. He introduces himself to everyone while they eat breakfast, asks about their stay, this is wonderful behavior. But not while somebody is eating breakfast with food in their mouth etc! And certainly don't ever extend your hand to shake hands while somebody is eating. My wife was grossed out. She saw other people who looked bugged as well. Knuckles anyone?

4) Spotless clean, good location, sub-par continental breakfast (less variety than most we've been at for the price), no "hassles "

Overall good effort but we'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Matki7024
Utah
Reviewed 7 October 2010

When booking I noticed that the hotel was newer and I thought that not much can go wrong with a new place... we were expecting very basic rooms and your run-of-the-mill economy hotel. When we got there, we were able to check in a bit early and our room was very spacious and clean. The bathrooms were emaculate and the bed nice and soft. We had our baby with us and they provided a pack and play and the pool area was great too. maybe a bit more shade though for such a hot place! anyways it made for a great start to our vacation to Zion National Park

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel on Sept 1st using our Choice Privileges points. We had a nice big room and whole property was very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was close to I-15 and easy to find.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada - USA
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Riverside Drive for two nights. We normally don’t stay at Comfort Inn Hotels and prefer Marriott or Hilton properties but the hotel was a pleasant surprise, as it was clean, new, and modern. The hotel is located off of I-15 North and Exit 6, which is very easy to find. Also there are many restaurants in the area.

We were assigned Rooms #143 (two queens with a few of the parking lot) and #142 (one king with sofa facing swimming pool). For the most part, the rooms were quiet, though in Room #143 we could hear the loud TV from the person in the room above us. For Room #142 with the swimming pool view, a table and chair set was next to the window with swimmers talking loudly later in the evening.

The hotel is 100% smoke free. A crib can be rented for $5 per night, and a rollaway bed for $10 per night. I had absolutely no problem using the Internet – in fact, there were two laptops in our room and both of us easily accessed the web.

The rooms themselves were actually very large – much larger than normal. However, the bathroom was disappointingly small and a lack of towel racks – no hook on the back of the door. I noted that the water at the hotel is “hard” or the soap given to guests does not contain moisturizers. I had a white, ashy type film on my body, particularly on my nails.

Each room had a small refrigerator, small microwave, and small coffee maker. There is a coin operated laundry on the first floor with two washing machines ($1.00 per wash) and two dryers. I did not see any laundry detergent for sale, but it is possible it is at the front desk. Also, the Fitness Center was on the first floor with four machines in the room.

The layout of the hotel is an “L” shape, making it easy for guests to access from all entrances. The hotel has three stories. Hallways are wide, and there are several ice machines and vending machines in convenient areas.

I arrived in the breakfast area at 7:00 a.m. Even though it was busy, it was well stocked. Items served include: whole apples and whole oranges, English muffins, mini muffins, bagels, toast, four types of dry cereal with milk, sliced cheese, sliced ham, hot eggs, hot bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, salsa, a waffle maker, coffee, a machine with original and French vanilla cappuccino and hot chocolate, and a juice machine with orange, apple, cranberry and raspberry lemonade juices. There is also butter, peanut butter, honey, and other condiments. Though the dining room capacity is listed as 360, there were not that many chairs and tables in the room. There are several types of newspapers available for reading outside the dining room and two televisions inside. At least three staff members were working to keep things well stocked.

When checking out, the hotel advised that their computers had a glitch and added an extra night to all rooms. However, staff was on the ball and rectified the problem immediately.

At the time of this writing, this hotel was listed #22 out of 43. The hotel offers good amenities and a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business