“Loved this hotel!”

Comfort Inn at Convention Center
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Provo, Utah to visit family and we decided to stay in St George on the way. I was so impressed by this hotel and how nice our room was. We picked a king suite and when we walked in, I absolutely loved how it looked, the spaciousness and cleanliness of the room. You can tell they really take pride in this hotel. I would never have thought a Comfort Inn would be this nice, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was also very impressed by the great breakfast they served, unlike other hotels who just put a few things out that are "complimentary" This hotel had it all! I will stay here every time we go to St. George and would highly recommend it to anyone! Thanks Comfort Inn, for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cindyt_93
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn at Convention Center

Reviewed 19 June 2012

This place is exceptional. Our room ( a king) was large and clean and well-appointed. The pool is great, andq has a hot tub which is both indoor/outdoor. If you are visiting Zion National Park, I strongly recommend staying here rather than in Hurricane. It is a great value!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor - very convenient for loading.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2012

spent there almost a week with my wife (moved there after running away from a terrible place but that's another review...). clean, nice and convenient rooms, free internet that works ok, facilities for coffee, a fridge and a micro, all working well. very nice (small though) pool and 2 Jacuzzis one indoor, nice. breakfast, well...there a lot of it but the quality is not very good. located in the convention center but location in St. George is not an issue. the service was reasonable, so in general, there is nothing outstanding but the whole package (price included) is ok.

Room Tip: as far as possible from the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The room was very clean, staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was perfect.

Room Tip: we stayed there two different times and any room was good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed here with my mother during a road trip. The lobby looks really nice and makes a good first impression, but that's really all there is to this place. First, the clerk checking us in was completely disinterested and apathetic, not terribly welcoming. She just looked bored. We drove around the back to the entrance near our room...which was right next to the guest laundry and ice machine. The place was pretty empty when we arrived... we saw maybe 4-5 cars parked outside, tops, and we get put in a room by the laundry room, ice machine and entry way? Ugh. We had reservations, too, weren't walk-ins. As we walked in to go to our room we both noticed a VERY ripe smell, something akin to a dirty diaper or vomit. It was pretty foul. The smell was not in the room, though.

I went to the desk to tell them about the smell. The clerk and a housekeeper walked by but neither of them said they could smell anything and insisted nothing was wrong. Well, who was I to argue with their noses, but I tell you...it smelled bad in that hallway!

The "business center" is a computer and printer next to some vending machines in the lobby behind the desk. Anyone walking in the hall can see what you are doing on the computer, and as I was going to talk with the staff about the smell, there was a woman on the phone looking at the computer discussing a problem that she had, a very personal problem. I couldn't help but see and hear it all and I was pretty uncomfortable. I suspect this person was an employee or knew the housekeeper because she later joined the housekeeper as they were checking for the smell and they were talking as if they knew each other.

When we tried to go to bed, we had a tough time getting to sleep because there was was much noise coming from neighboring rooms. We were hearing voices, loud music, feet and even a crying baby next door. We weren't sure where it was coming from, but I tried to call the front desk to inquire and they didn't answer. We gave up and cranked the fan in order to help cover the noise, but it was only minimally helpful.

Even worse than the noise?? The stupid spotlights that they have right underneath the window (we were on the first floor). Even with the curtains closed, in the dark of night, half the room was lit up as if it were daylight. I woke up so many times and I had to check the clock for the time because with the light, I couldn't tell if it was still dark out or not. The beds were not very comfortable, either. The desk chair had a huge stain on it, too. The shower had very little water pressure. At least the refrigerator worked. The wifi connection was great until about 9:00pm when people started showing up and using it, then it tanked and was completely useless until the morning.

The breakfast spread the next day was okay, but nothing special. I went in early, too, before 7:00am and the scrambled eggs were gray, the bacon had not been drained properly and the cranberry orange juice was really watered down. We weren't impressed at all.

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floor if you need a totally dark room to sleep, because the outside spotlights shin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Unfortunately, I hadn't read the reviews before booking here and then it was too late to cancel. The rooms have NO (I do mean NO) insulation. The couple in the room next to us arrived about 10:30 and talked and other activities until 2:00. I could hear EVERYTHING!!! I finally turned on the fan to the air conditioner to try to block out the noise and finally got a few hours of sleep. The hotel was clean, looked nice, but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is my second time staying here. I don't know why I didn't go back to the Quality Inn for a better price, or the Clarion Suites for a superior experience. The beds are OK and the property looks beautiful from the lobby and when one first walks in the rooms. My king room was large and had both Ethernet and wireless. I prefer wired internet since it's faster. Some of the amenities were missing and the toilet paper was the thinnest single ply I've ever seen. Better TP is sold at the dollar store. The front desk staff was super, but the housekeepers are not well supervised and don't speak much English. My guess is that the owner built a great property, but is a really cheap operator. Either save a few bucks and stay at the Quality Inn or spend about the same amount and stay at the Clarion Suites. They're only a few blocks away with a better location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business