Dont let the exterior entry doors deceive you into thinking this is a "typical" low budget hotel. The BW Coral Hills is gem in the heart of Dixie. Dixie in Southern Utah, that is! Our room, on the second floor near the pool, was great. The room was beautifully decorated. Two arm chairs, two queen beds, a spacious desk and a wide screen TV made this room seem more like the hotels where I've stayed in hotels twice the price. The room was clean as was the bathroom. There was a window in our bathroom facing the St George Police Dept. It was nice to have the window cracked while the bathroom was in use, especially because there was no fan to remove the humidity from the shower. The screen was ripped, however, and I'm thinking that some previous tenant may have decided to take a smoke outside the window in the otherwise non-smoking room. It was nice to see a coffee maker in the room as there was no coffee in the small, but elegantly appointed, lobby. Breakfast was as great as all the reviews had stated! The eggs were not dry or runny. The sausage links were juicy and cooked to perfection. They also had two different types of waffle irons and a wide selection of dry cereal. We were surprised to find they had French toast on our second morning. We had totally missed it the first day. Orange and apple juice were available as was coffee and milk. No water, however. A nice selection of breads were available as well as super-yummy mini-muffins.
The outside pool is exposed directly to the traffic on St George Blvd with very little privacy, but it was a nice pool area. The lounge chairs are comfy and there is a covered area with chairs and a table. There is also an indoor heated pool for the winter and a simple, yet adequate, exercise room. They are a bit a ways from the front check-in area.
This is a great hotel for the money and location. A quaint area called Ancestor Square is just a few blocks away as are nice vintage shops, a jeweler, a local pharmacy and a bowling alley.
You can't go wrong with this choice. I'm sure we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Coral Hills is newly remodeled and offers affordable luxury and quiet comfort with the area's beautiful golf courses only moments away. This AAA Three-Diamond property is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. The Hotel features a complimentary full/hot breakfast daily, outdoor heated swimming pool with water fountain, whirlpool, heated kids' pool, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room with treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike and universal weight machine, self-guest laundry, pickup dry cleaning/laundry, putting green, fax/photocopy services, concierge assistance, 24-hour front desk service, free parking, large vehicle parking. Best Western Coral Hills is conveniently located in the Historic District of St. George, with some of St. George's finest restaurants - 18 within 3 blocks, historic sites, and shopping within two blocks; just a few minutes off I-15 (Exit 8) and approximately six miles from Saint George Municipal Airport. All Guest rooms feature FREE wifi, high-speed Internet access, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee-makers, alarm clock radios, free newspapers, 87 local and cable stations including HBO and Disney, air-conditioning, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, free local calls and voicemail. Local attractions and amenities within two miles include: LDS (Mormon) Temple & Visitor Center, Dixie State College, Zion Outlet Stores, Dixie Convention Center, Brigham Young Home, St. George Tabernacle, Rosenbruch World Wildlife Museum, Fiesta Family Fun Center, Bowling, Laser Tag, St. George Musical Theater, St. George Art Museum, Utah Pioneers Museum. Other area attractions include: Tuacahn Amphitheater, Dinosaur Tracks Site, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Snow Canyon State Park, Grand Canyon (North Rim), and Silver Reef Ghost Town, Lake Powell National Recreational Area and local hiking and biking trails. St. George is 120 miles/two hours north of Las Vegas, NV and 300 miles/4.5 Hours south of Salt Lake City, UT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Coral Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coral Hills Hotel St. George
- St George Best Western
- Best Western St. George
- Best Western Coral Hills St. George, Utah