“Good Place to Stay in St. George”

Best Western Coral Hills
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 February 2013

You pretty much know what you are going to get wen you stay at a Best Western, and this one located in downtown St. George delivers a solid stay. The front desk staff was absolutely terrific, and made good recommendations for local entertainment and dining. The workout room left a little to be desired, but there was cardio equipment in functioning order, so it got done.

Eat at Painted Pony while you're there - a block and a half down the street and terrific food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

I appreciate the hardy recommendation, Thank you! Yes, the Painted Pony is one of the “not to miss” restaurants when coming to St. George. It’s the first place I have ever used the word “thrilling” to describe my meal. To help add a greater benefit in regards to our exercise room, we do offer day passes to a full service gym which is only a 5 minute drive away. It is well worth checking out if one wants to be spoiled.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,750)

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Nice,clean,affordable room. We feel like we received our money's worth and then some! And yes although the breakfast room is small, the food was great. We also stayed at a Best Western in Arizona and it also was nice, they had a large breakfast room but they needed help with the breakfast! I would much rather have a good breakfast personally! Thank you to all the staff for our great stay. I would highly recommend this Best Western to stay at!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Thank you for recognizing our efforts on our breakfast, it is very much appreciated. We are continually looking at other measures and options to improve the variety and quality of the breakfast, all suggestions are welcome. We do have trays available for persons who occasionally find the breakfast room full or want to eat in their room, just ask a breakfast host(ess) for one. Again, thank you for you’re the review and giving us perfect marks, we truly are striving to be the best overall value for those coming to St. George.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Short and sweet.
The staff was extremely nice and polite. They even called me later in my room t make sure everything was to my satisfaction and to ask if there was anything I needed. Super clean and very well appointed rooms. Large desk so I could actually use my laptop and still have room to work. The room also had the largest flat screen I have ever seen in a hotel. Very fast WiFi which now days is so important. It is a bit cold, and I did not bring the family, but the pool area looks fantastic.
I truthfully wish I had more business trips to St George.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

I wish you had more trips too so you could stay with us more often. Thank you for your compliments, we REALLY DO appreciate them. If you are ever able to make a vacation of your stay in St. George, give us a call and we can recommend a lot of sites and attractions based on your time and interests. If you can think of anything we could do to improve in helping the business traveler please let us know about it. We will look into it. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago while attending a motorcycle rally. At the time the hotel was undergoing renovations. Needless to say, we were upgraded due to our membership status to a very nice room. The only complaint I had at the time was the breakfast needing some help.
We stayed here again in Feb, 2013 to get away from the cold and polluted Salt Lake Valley.
The property still had some renovations and maintenance in process. The room was very nice for the price. The breakfast was greatly improved.
This hotel is always improving and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I am proud to say we have great owners who are continually reinvesting into the Best Western Coral Hills. At times is seems we are under a constant state of improvement, upgrading or renovations. But it only makes sense if one it to be among the best properties in St. George. We can hardly wait for the day when we build a new office building and breakfast room! Thank you for your review and the great scores…we are striving hard to deserve every great review we receive.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed here as a kid in the 80's and it definitely has been remodeled and updated since then. That being said, it is still just a motel on the boulevard. Usually when we stay at hotels our favorite part is the breakfast. Coral Hills crams everyone in a very small, dark basement room with no windows down a precariously sharp tile staircase that my 8 year old slipped and fell down. When I approached the front desk about my child getting hurt falling down the stairs she said they wouldn't carpet them because the carpet would get dirty. I would suggest safety first. It was fine for one night, but there are other places I've stayed in St. George that I've enjoyed much more for the same price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaybirdslady
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for your review. Thanks for coming back and noticing all of the continued improvements that have taken place over the years. You have addressed the greatest challenge we have at this property, which is our breakfast room. Yes, it is downstairs, yes it is tiled and yes there are days when the room is too small. The stairs have been carpeted for the last 20 years and unfortunately guests and employees occasionally stumbled on them. I am very sorry your eight year old is now part of this number. Because of the carpet stains that occurred from such stumbling is why we wanted to try the tile this time around.
I guarantee you when it comes time to replace the office building, having a larger breakfast room on the main floor will be an obvious change. For those reading this review, there are windows into the breakfast room but they are relatively small which can limit sunlight and any noteworthy view.
“Why such high praise?” It is because we really do care about our guests’ experience with us and try hard to make it the best possible for everyone. No, we’re not the newest, biggest or most expensive but I sincerely believe we do have the overall best value.
Thank you for letting us know you concerns and experience, it is how we quickly learn what we can improve upon.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Don't let the dated exterior fool you. Great rooms with new furniture, beds, big screen tv, and free wi-fi. Staff go out of their way to ensure your stay is great. This is the only place I stay when on business or leisure in St. George area.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your hearty endorsement! Sometimes it feels that we are in a constant state of upgrading. In the coming month we will be putting in new carpet and furniture in our East Wing (indoor building) which is 36 of our 98 rooms. Next time you are in town I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the Riggatte Pizzaria. The pizza is delicious! They hand toss their pizza crusts and cook the pizza by wood fire which only takes about 5 minutes tops. Best of all they are only 1 block away.