We arrived eager to tryout a new hotel - as our usual hotel was not available. Used the spa and pool - which were old but well kept overall. Slept poorly - thought there was someone in the room with me (besides our child)! The walls were so thin you could hear the person sleeping/breathing in the next room. The following day, in the bathroom, I could hear every piece of conversation as if it was happening right next to me - in the same bathroom. But what was really odd was discovering the ceiling was missing inside the overhead light cover - about a 3 foot by 8 foot space - with exposed plumbing??? It all came to light that morning when we stepped outside our room to a raging flood of hot water in the hall! I reported it to the manager on site - 2x as the hall was filling up and flooding some of the rooms! 20 minutes later the handyman showed up and said - oh yeah - it is the pipes - this happens often! What? are you kidding - 9 am in the morning and now there is no electricity and no water as they are both shut off. It appears I see why the ceiling was missing in our room! This after going to breakfast in a tight little basement with 75 people stuffed inside - inside temperature - I would guess about 90 degrees and the employees were eating the food as they were puting it out on the buffet tables! Yuck! After checking out at 9:30 am with our unwashed hair and unshaven faces - we asked the onsite management about the flooding problem - they confirmed saying it happened every 3 months or so. No apologies or credits? They offered late checkout to those that ended up with water in their rooms not with a puddle outside their doors or lacking in electricity or water...why would anyone want to stay longer - you cannot use the toilet, take a shower or clean your face?? UNBELIEVABLE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Coral Hills is newly remodeled and offers affordable luxury and quiet comfort with the area's beautiful golf courses only moments away. This AAA Three-Diamond property is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. The Hotel features a complimentary full/hot breakfast daily, outdoor heated swimming pool with water fountain, whirlpool, heated kids' pool, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room with treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike and universal weight machine, self-guest laundry, pickup dry cleaning/laundry, putting green, fax/photocopy services, concierge assistance, 24-hour front desk service, free parking, large vehicle parking. Best Western Coral Hills is conveniently located in the Historic District of St. George, with some of St. George's finest restaurants - 18 within 3 blocks, historic sites, and shopping within two blocks; just a few minutes off I-15 (Exit 8) and approximately six miles from Saint George Municipal Airport. All Guest rooms feature FREE wifi, high-speed Internet access, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee-makers, alarm clock radios, free newspapers, 87 local and cable stations including HBO and Disney, air-conditioning, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, free local calls and voicemail. Local attractions and amenities within two miles include: LDS (Mormon) Temple & Visitor Center, Dixie State College, Zion Outlet Stores, Dixie Convention Center, Brigham Young Home, St. George Tabernacle, Rosenbruch World Wildlife Museum, Fiesta Family Fun Center, Bowling, Laser Tag, St. George Musical Theater, St. George Art Museum, Utah Pioneers Museum. Other area attractions include: Tuacahn Amphitheater, Dinosaur Tracks Site, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Snow Canyon State Park, Grand Canyon (North Rim), and Silver Reef Ghost Town, Lake Powell National Recreational Area and local hiking and biking trails. St. George is 120 miles/two hours north of Las Vegas, NV and 300 miles/4.5 Hours south of Salt Lake City, UT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Coral Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coral Hills Hotel St. George
- St George Best Western
- Best Western St. George
- Best Western Coral Hills St. George, Utah