I'm a travel agent, and stayed at the Coral Hills with extended family for five nights. The rooms are clean and large, the beds very comfortable, shower's great and the flat-screen televisions a nice addition. Yes, it's an "older" property, but they've done some wonderful updates to separate them from the rest of the hotel properties nearby. The outdoor swimming pool and kid's pool were utilized during our stay. We checked out the indoor pool, (and it looked nice) but chose to enjoy the sunshine outdoors. The fitness room had some good equipment -- but wasn't overly large -- although we weren't expecting that it would be. The breakfast seems to be a item of some discussion on this board. We found the breakfast more than adequate -- from toddlers to adults. No, it's not perfect, but with choices of cereals, yogurts, fruit, breads, hard boiled eggs,fresh waffles, and juices, milk and coffee -- what more could you ask of a hotel property without a restaurant facility? I would have loved to have had a more protein-rich choice; but could certainly live with the available options. Besides, the breakfast staff more than made up for any deficiencies with their attentive service and friendliness. Their gratuity jar should be filled every day. The housekeeping staff kept things very clean and are quite efficient. Unless there are other rooms with different beds than ours, I don't know how you'd find something under the bed, as was mentioned in another review. The beds in our room were on platforms -- you couldn't get "under" the bed. The refrigerators in the rooms were larger than the usual hotel room refrigerator, and the microwave operated well. I would have liked to have had a safe in the room -- perhaps that can be added to a "wish list" of improvements at the hotel. The location of the hotel is right in the center of town. If you're up to walking around, there are plenty of interesting places to visit. I much prefer to be in town at what may be a slightly older property, than out on the outskirts of town (next to nothing) in a newer hotel. One thing we found odd during our stay -- the hotel was pretty full on a couple of the nights, and when guests left in their cars (for dinner, etc.) they put the patio chair from next to their room out in the parking space they were vacating. Since the parking spots are not assigned, we found this somewhat strange. We went to the front desk to inquire on our way out one day, but there was no one at the desk. There seems to be plenty of parking -- so I don't know why guests thought they needed to "reserve" the parking spot -- unless they really don't want to walk a few extra steps. Seems very silly to me. The wi-fi works very well -- but needs to be password protected for guest's safety. That's an easy fix, and should be addressed asap. All in all, our stay at the Coral Hills was quite enjoyable. I would certainly not hesitate to send my travel clients to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Coral Hills is newly remodeled and offers affordable luxury and quiet comfort with the area's beautiful golf courses only moments away. This AAA Three-Diamond property is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. The Hotel features a complimentary full/hot breakfast daily, outdoor heated swimming pool with water fountain, whirlpool, heated kids' pool, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room with treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike and universal weight machine, self-guest laundry, pickup dry cleaning/laundry, putting green, fax/photocopy services, concierge assistance, 24-hour front desk service, free parking, large vehicle parking. Best Western Coral Hills is conveniently located in the Historic District of St. George, with some of St. George's finest restaurants - 18 within 3 blocks, historic sites, and shopping within two blocks; just a few minutes off I-15 (Exit 8) and approximately six miles from Saint George Municipal Airport. All Guest rooms feature FREE wifi, high-speed Internet access, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee-makers, alarm clock radios, free newspapers, 87 local and cable stations including HBO and Disney, air-conditioning, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, free local calls and voicemail. Local attractions and amenities within two miles include: LDS (Mormon) Temple & Visitor Center, Dixie State College, Zion Outlet Stores, Dixie Convention Center, Brigham Young Home, St. George Tabernacle, Rosenbruch World Wildlife Museum, Fiesta Family Fun Center, Bowling, Laser Tag, St. George Musical Theater, St. George Art Museum, Utah Pioneers Museum. Other area attractions include: Tuacahn Amphitheater, Dinosaur Tracks Site, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Snow Canyon State Park, Grand Canyon (North Rim), and Silver Reef Ghost Town, Lake Powell National Recreational Area and local hiking and biking trails. St. George is 120 miles/two hours north of Las Vegas, NV and 300 miles/4.5 Hours south of Salt Lake City, UT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Coral Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coral Hills Hotel St. George
- St George Best Western
- Best Western St. George
- Best Western Coral Hills St. George, Utah