“Good average hotel. Just beware of rollaway bed.”

Best Western Plus Abbey Inn
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were booked into the Best Western for 2 nights. The location is convenient, not far off the freeway. It's a well-kept property and decent looking from the outside, with a pool (which we didn't use) and a laundry. I used the laundry and it was fine. The rooms were as expected. The rollaway bed was really, really bad. It was like lying in a hole. The springs were really soft, so that one always ended up in the center of the mattress, and I am not very heavy. After the first short night I informed the reception staff to please have housekeeping do something about the bed. Unfortunately this was not done, so I asked again and was given some blankets to put on top of the mattress. It was an improvement, but far from a goods night sleep. When checking out, I saw that they were charging me for the rollaway. I had at no time been informed that there would be an extra charge. The receptionist removed the charge, as she agreed that the charge should have been pointed out. The aircon is very loud, so we used ear plugs. Considering that the breakfast was complimentary, it was good. Taking into consideration the rate we paid, we got a lot of bang for the buck. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We've stayed in quite a few Best westerns in the last year. Besides the Best Western in Myrtle Beach, we loved this one the most. The room was quite lg and it was very clean. The breakfast was the best ever. Would certainly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We liked staying at Best Western hotels and this was no exception. The check in staff were very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was very good with plenty of staff on hand to held. The fitness centre was very good. We have only two problems with the hotel. Firstly the pillows are too small and we wish the hotel chains would bring back the longer pillows. The bed was very comfortable. The other problem was the air conditioner. It was extremely noisy and kept us from having a decent sleep until we had to turn it off in the early hours. Apart from these two things we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I am very picky when it comes to hotels. I rarely post a great review. I found myself stuck in St. George and choose Best Western which I rarely do but on the strip I was on it seemed the best bet.
I am the type to check out a room first and if I don't like it I won't stay. I was very happy with the cleanliness (I check for bed bugs every where I am so OCD), customer service, and overall room. I even thought their buffet breakfast was better than what usually get (bacon, eggs, country potatoes).
It's safe bet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My favorite Best Western. Best Breakfast of any hotel!!! The staff has always been great every time I have stayed here. The bedrooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Great location for St. George, right off the Freeway and close to all the sights in St. George.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Troy J
BestWesternAbbeyMgr, Manager at Best Western Plus Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Troy J,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and the great review. We are glad to know this is your favorite Best Western. It will please the staff to know this is the BEST breakfast as well as service. I will make sure the staff gets a copy of this review.

We do appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Jordan P
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I saw good ratings on TripAdvisor so went ahead and booked. Checkin was great, and helpful with restaurant recommendations, and the room was a pleasant surprise. Much nicer than expected! Only issue we encountered was there was no adult supervision of children in the hot tub nor pool. Very annoying. Not really the hotels problem, more of lack of caring parents, but the hotel should probably make rounds to ensure the posted rules are followed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Steven S,

I am glad to know you found us on Tripadvisor and reserved with us. We are glad from check in to check out all was well for you. I am sorry about your concerns about children not being supervised at the pool. Yes, we do make rounds and check the pool and hotel area throughout every shift. I will suggest to our staff to make a couple extra rounds at the pool to help so that all of our guests are safe.
We do appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you back again!

Jordan P
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Spent a night here on the way out to Bryce from Las Vegas since we just wanted to shorten our drive for the next day. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Would stay here again based on the experience. It is close to the I-15 and several dining options were close by. Breakfast was what you expect from this type of hotel - adequate but nothing special - if you want different then head out to one of the restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple