“Great!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Took a one-night side trip from Las Vegas on 26 Dec. (Boxing day) and used a free coupon for staying three nights at other Best Western's. It was practically like a 5-star resort. I was asked what floor I liked and chose first floor, and the room was right next to the exit door and very convenient to car. Bed was comfortable, TV had lots of channels, you could walk to pool/spa without going outside, the desk staff was very helpful, it is very close to the highway and stores and restaurants, the pool was heated and nice even in 30-degree (?) weather. I stayed in a bigger suite in Vegas with spa in room over the weekend, but the Abbey was, I think, better. The Abbey was quiet and breakfast was very good, wifi worked well. It was well worth the money (well, it was free, but still..) The Abbey was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at many, many. I will stay again when I come back to southern Utah

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Finnish first
las vegas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this property on our way home from Zion. I was taken aback about how detailed this property was from the floor to the walls to the room. We've stayed at other properties and I have to say this is one of the most cleanliness places we have stayed at. When I mean cleanliness, there was no dust build-up on the hallway carpet inbetween rooms, the lobby floor was shiny, the walls did not have fingerprints and our room was really, really clean. We stayed at a Hilton just up the street a week prior on our way to Zion and there is no comparison.

Another positve is this property is located by the mall and a lot of restaurants. We were also able to go out for a walk without any concern. It is in a very convenient location.

The only downfall was we tried to call at 0530hrs to see if we can checkout a day early due to an unforeseen circumstance at home. No one answered so I waited 10 minutes and finally someone answered after the 6th ring. We were delighted they were able to accomodate us with an early checkout, however when when we checked out around 0630hrs, the front desk agent (could've been night audit given the time) did not seem happy nor did he not make eye contact or thanked us for staying. I guess that is a little petty and it did not ruin our overall perspective of this property.

We would definitely recommend this property to othes as well as consider coming back should we make it back out to Zion.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Palmdale, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was the perfect hotel for my family. The hotel was very clean. Breakfast was fantastic. Staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful. We were traveling with six children and they got us adjoining rooms with a smile on their face. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've stayed at 6-8 of the nicer chain hotels in St. George over the last few years, but stay only at the Abbey Inn now. I go to St. George 1-2 times a month on business, and I always stay at the Abbey. The front desk staff is friendly and efficient, and makes sure that I get a room that I want. The (free) wireless internet signal is better than it used to be. The rooms are spotless and the bed is good. I get a single-bed room, and enjoy having the small couch and coffee table to spread work out on after dinner. I'm not a breakfast eater, but the hot breakfast that they serve looks quite good (and is always packed with guests).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternAbbeyMgr, Manager at Best Western Plus Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Marc J,

Thank you for choosing our hotel when staying in St. George. We appreciate your business! I am glad to know that all of the staff are friendly and efficient in helping you enjoy your time with us.

Please let us know anytime you are returning to St. George. We look forward to seeing you again.

Jordan P
Assistant General Manager
South Jordan, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I often stay at this hotel when I travel to St. George, UT. It has great rooms, a great breakfast, and easy access to the freeway. The rooms are clean and the staff provide great service. Our room was cleaned early and we were able to go back in quicker than we usually do at other hotels. The breakfast is excellent and has a lot of choices. It also has a large room for seating so you don't have to wait for a seat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I chose this hotel from reviews on TripAdvisor. They were right: breakfast is amazing, beds are comfortable, service is great,place is clean, we definitely would recommend and will go back if we are in St George. Probably one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had, and at a great price,too. Can't beat it, thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We always seem to stay at the Abbey Inn when visiting the St George area. . It's like McDonalds. You know what your getting and the quality is pretty good if not outstanding. Reasonably priced. It's very clean. Fairly specious. Okay beds. Very nice TV. They double-sheet--a real plus. They clean TV remotes. We stayed on the bottom floor this time and it was a bit noisy. Could hear kids running up and down the halls above. (seems like lots of families stay here). Don't use the body lotion included in the room. It smells so bad, we could hardly sleep. Awful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple