“Overall a great stay with some minor glitches”

Best Western Plus Abbey Inn
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall our experience with this hotel was really solid. The room was very nice, beds were comfortable, the décor was actually quite amazing and will surprise you as you walk into the room. The pool area was also great with palm trees and both a kiddie pool and a hot tub away from the main pool. Being outdoors it was dependent on the weather but we had nice weather for two days and the kids loved it. The breakfast area was large and seating was only problematic the 2nd day but we went out on the open patio area and ate at the tables there which was very nice. The food was great and the selection was really good. My only complaint of this place was that we were given a room in their 2nd building which was beautiful but there are no staff on site. so any questions while going to the car resulted in us having to walk to the main building. Its close so its not like you're walking across town but having someone close by would have been nice. Also the elevators broke down the first day we got there. Hauling luggage up and down the stairs was doable but not what I would have liked. It wasn't fixed after the 2nd day there so I'm not sure what people were doing who were unable to carry luggage or who struggled with mobility. Also there appeared to be a smoker two rooms down from us that ignored the no smoking room signs. The hallway odor was bad as we were leaving. The front desk staff was good but not outstanding however the breakfast staff was fantastic. They were really good at managing the needs of that many people trying to eat with a smile. Overall I would probably stay there again but would ask for a room in the main building. The price is probably the best feature of this place. I really appreciated having such a nice place for this price which allowed me to stay two nights instead of one on our travel budget.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the main building, it seems to get more attention.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Best Western Inn in St. George, Utah was a very nice place to stay. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. Lobby and hotel were nice. The breakfast was amazing. Full breakfast. Omelets cooked fresh to order. Many items to choose from.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

One of the nicer st george hotels and one of the best Best western i have stayed in. Had a queen with a nice sitting area and sofa. Very clean, upscale interior. Great pool. the rooms were big. Bathroom big. liked the microwave and fridge. marbel (or very good immetation countertops. beds were soft and comfortable. Actually had electrical outlets.
Had the BEST breakfast of any non resort hotel I have stayed in. Even a guy cooking your omelettes to order. It had parking for my boat trailer. It can get pricy like all hotels on weekends in st george but one of the better ones.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The motel is very clean and well maintained. Rooms were great. Breakfast was exceptional. Location of motel was perfect for our purpose in coming to St. George. Appreciated the discount rates for tickets to Tuacahn.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The room was clean and had great internet, tv, and pool. The beds were terrible. Too soft and the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable. We stayed in the family suite that sleeps 6. It was very tight for a suite that is supposed to sleep 6 people. The breakfast however, was wonderful, the pool was perfect for little children and teens.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I usually stay at another property in St. George, UT. It was full so I opted for this one. It is very nice looking, and the rooms are great. However, when I checked in, I felt that I was treated with such distain that I will never stay here again. I stay in hotels about 85 times per year, and have never been treated like I was when I checked in. The attendant at the front desk felt that it was her sworn duty to make sure that I brought in my license plate number. She asked about it several times, and even went so far as to ask if I needed a sticky-note to remind myself to do it.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a very clean, comfortable room with affordable pricing. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. All of the staff were friendly, warm, and welcoming. I will certainly return whether for business or leisure.