“Disgusting!”

Rodeway Inn Red Hills
Ranked #42 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We thought this would be better than camping, but I would have rather been sleeping outside than sleeping in this nasty place. We pre-paid for two nights through Priceline; bad idea. The bath towels were tiny (a little bigger than hand towels) with holes and stains. The bed was not comfortable at all, and the room smelled like mildew. The toilet became clogged so we called the front office and they brought us a plunger, they didn't even offer to fix it for us. When we woke up in the morning, we both had sore throats from the mildew/mold in the room. At that point, we decided to check out and find a different hotel, rather than spend one more night there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandyBeaches92081

Reviewed 4 May 2010

I'm not usually too picky about hotel/motel, but this was even beyond me. One of the pillow cases slipped part way off and the pillow was stained and dirty. We were there for 2 nights, no time to move to another hotel, and our room was never cleaned or even checked. No clean towels or anything.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janmik
Reviewed 27 March 2010

My wife and I pulled into town late at night and called every hotel in town and this was the only one with Vacancy... If this tells you anything, even the motel 6 and Supper 8 were at capacity. We checked in and the front desk manager was very impersonal and short with us... as if it was a hassle to check us in.

When we walked into the room at first glance it was fairly clean, enough to turn a tired blind eye to anyway. We pulled the sheets back and there was stains on the sheets!

In the morning after showering we used the towels that could double as 20 grit sand paper. The ceiling in the bathroom was mold covered. Continental breakfast was cleaned up and put away by 8:30 when they advertise that it goes to 9:30.

Upon check out the same night manager was behind the desk and again very short with myself and one other customer who was in the lobby.
We moved hotels and spent the 2nd night at the Ambassador Inn!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveladventure09
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Came here with my husband and three children for a soccer tournament. When we made it to our room (#208) we quickly noticed how dirty it was. Sheets and towels were stained, hair on pillow cases, bathroom was completely disgusting. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come and clean our bathroom since it clearly had not been cleaned. The man on the phone said that he could have someone come and clean it the next morning but I told him I needed it cleaned now. He said " I am the manager, what you want me to come clean? That's not my job! You can come down and check out if you like." Of course he said that knowing that the hotels in St George were completely booked due to various sporting events. We paid $85 for two queens at this motel plus the cost of the cleaning supplies I had to buy to clean the bathroom. I would never stay at this dirty place ever again. They offered a free breakfast but there was no way I would let my family eat there. In fact I worry about what gross things we picked up along the way.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank addieIdahoFalls
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The room was what you would expect from an older cookie cutter built one time Comfort Inn, small and poorly lit. The bed and room were generally clean but some of the towels were stained (not dirty per se), the towels were tiny and scratchy. The price was right at $35+tax.
There is a charge for pets ($10 I think, I don't have any pets)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank killer_bob
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I am very surprised by the last comments because I didn't have any problems. We had a room with 2 queen beds for $45. The room was clean and large and the breakfast very simple but good.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I checked into a first floor room. I was traveling with my two daughter ages 6 and 3. We were just about to go to bed when a rat ran across the room. I quickly checked the sheets only to find rat urine and fecal matter. Then on top of that there was one already in between the sheets moving around. I quickly called the front desk and told him the situation. He was not surprised at all and offered me a 2nd floor room instead. I refused and wanted my money back he argued but then said he had to charge me $5.00 and the rest would be credited to my account. This was 2 days ago and he still charged it to my account, but I'm waiting on the $45.00 credit back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family