“Disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Rodeway Inn Red Hills
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

The lobby for one looks gross. I wouldn't want to eat the breakfast they serve there. Our room was so gross the toilet had a dirty ring in it that would of brushed off with cleaner. There was who knows what kind of splatter on the bathroom wall. Toothpaste spots on the counter. Looked like it hasn't been vacuumed. Old small tv no DVD player. Smelt gross. One guy came down right after we checked in and he was right in front of us in line and his bed wasn't made. It was all around horrible. We left and went to a new hotel. This place doesn't even deserve 1 star

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Radsister
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
This couple checked-in, used the room for 4 and a half hours, then complains about soap scum near the sink area. They wanted to check-out and demanded a full refund. Obviously, I could not give the guest a full refund as they had stayed in the room for 4 and a half hours. The guest, however, did get a partial refund ($20.00) and they threatened "On-line repercussions" before storming out. I'm very disappointed that inspite of all our efforts to calm the situation, the guest still lived up to their threat. I am willing to forget and welcome them to stay here in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
sondrio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

This hotel is a real bargain for the price. Rooms are clean and internet works fine. There's no smoking smell. This is all you need to know for 40 bucks. As a plus, there's a pool and the location is quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
Thank you very much, Sir, for your positive review regarding your stay with us. The Management appreciated it!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I do not believe this motel even deserves a 1 star review.

I got into my room, and started to unpack my items after a long a drive. I started to look around the room, which I typically do when first getting inside. They had a fridge, and I didnt really think anything of it since I did not have anything to put in it..I saw something crawling on the wall, come to find out it was a nasty cockroach, which it was near the fridge. I decided to open it, and there were many many more. I was so disgusted. I immediately called the front desk and asked for another room, and I told him that cockroaches were all in the refrigerator. He seemed shocked and said they never had a complaint like this....Doubt it by seeing some reviews on here.

Anyways, I got a new room...oddly enough it was without a fridge. Figures.

I asked the manager if I could get a discount since this was such an inconvenience. He apologized, and said he would reduce the price by $3 which I paid around $45

I would not stay here again, and hope no one else would want to either

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Katie3313
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
This guest requested a smoking room and within 5 mins called about a roach in the room. I personally went and in her presence checked the fridge with no sign of any roaches. The guest asserted "they may have scattered away." The guest almost immediately started demanding for a free night and full refund. I applied a 10% discount and promised her a 25% discount on future stay which the guest reluctantly accepted. Guest had paid $35.00 + tax and as 10% discount, $3.90 were refunded back to guest.

Travellers are raving about these St. George hotels

Twin Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

Our family stayed over Thanksgiving weekend and were very dissapointed. Yes the rooms were cheap but they were filthy. If you walked on the carpet without shoes your feet were black. Bathroom had hair and dirt and rusty fixtures. Hotel management assured me there would be a discount but that did not happen. Breakfast was a jug of milk and two containers with cereal and some walmart bread and bagels. Rooms and facility very neglected and unacceptable. Staff argued with us and charged our credit card twice. Be very careful of your dealings with these people.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Justsaying222
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear guest, we appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. As new management, our goal is superior cleanliness of our rooms and the utmost satisfaction of our guests. However, I must point out that there were 5 adults and 3 children ( a total of 8 people ) in each of the two rooms. Our staff saw 4 sleeping bags in each room and multiple people with children from your room in the breakfast area. As it was Thanksgiving day, we generously allowed without charging any extra person fees.
Our breakfast is served fresh every morning offering our guests quality bread and bagels from Sysco, two types of juices, coffee, muffins and two types of cereal with milk.
We had applied a 15% discount on each room and promised a 20% discount on your future stay with us that was gladly accepted and signed at check-out.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Price is low but rooms are not very good. Dirty run down and old will stay somewhere else next time. Advertised breakfast is misleading and rooms are really neglected and gross. Towels are stained small and questionable. Televisions are small and remotes don't work. I stayed in two different rooms because power went out in the first and I was moved. Both were pretty bad.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RodewayGeneralManger, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied and we apologize that we were unable to meet your expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future and look forward to resolving this issue with you further. I also do apologize for the lights going out in your room that is why we gave you a 20% discount on your future stay with us, as we agreed upon at the time of check out.

Chris
Avon, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Our room was small. The bedspread had what appeared to be blood stains on the underside. The mattress pad had two large yellow stains which appeared to be urine or semen.The towels were small and thin. The bed was uncomfortable which is why we took the bedspread and folded it to put underneath the fitted sheet. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RODEWAYSTG401, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, 24 October 2013

Property CHI
GM
Rodeway Inn, Saint george, Utah
435-628-4271
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Upon first appearance everything was great. Even though St. George was 97 degrees, heated pool was freezing. Bins and outside ashtrays hadn't been emptied for a while. The t.v in our room had a dodgy connection, and only on the second complaint did the manager fix it. The phone in the room was ancient ( still said Comfort Inn), and the wire was severed at the wall. No good if you need to call home! We moved to the Best Western Travel Inn which is brilliant.

Room Tip: If you can get over the owner's attitude it's a good place to stay. More helpful places to s...