“You are in for a treat”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 15 May 2013

For the price, I find this motel to be st. George's finest. The staff is friendly. The rooms are roomy and the bed was very comfy. The breakfast bar has something for all with its huge variety. Will definitely stay again. My only regret is: I couldn't stay longer.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments as the staff and I try our best to offer a clean comfortable room with friendly service and a great breakfast. I hope you will come back very soon and stay longer.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

These people do not advertise to be pet friendly but upon calling them they said that small dogs are welcome. Upon arrival we were given a a welcome letter to the dog outlining what he should have his owner do as well as a ziplock bag with some milk bones cookies for him. The letter was fun to read rather than getting the usual stern lecture about dog rules. Besides all that the hotel is great, quiet, clean and well run and serves a free super breakfast. We regularly stay there on our way to and from Mexico for the winter.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I always look forward to guest comments to see what we are doing correctly and where we can improve. Yes that is correct that we do not advertise that we accept dogs as we have only a few designated rooms for dogs and the rooms are located in a pet friendly location. I really appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Please keep in mind to call us ahead to check the availability for pet friendly rooms as they go quick. Safe travels.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We spent one night on a cross country vacation an found this hotel perfect for our stay. Check in was quick and right on the money. Our room was on the second floor but we were offered the first floor if we wished. The hotel was not full and our room was totally quiet. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was great with unlimited hot water. One negative was that both the sink and tub drained very slowly but did not cause a problem. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of breakfast foods, both hot and cold. There is a restaurant right next door called the Black Bear Diner with a wide choice of items on the menu. All in all this was a great place to stay and we would certainly stay here again. It is conveniently located right off I-15 on the south end of town.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms can have noise from people in the pool while the other side of the hotel my have veh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and amenities. I look forward to a future return visit very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Breakfast here is probably the best of any hotel in Southern Utah. The hotels in this area stay competative by offering great free hot breakfasts and so only stay at hotels in the area that provide it free. This one is probably the best. They have a large variety of items, hot and cold. Waffles and Cinnamon rolls are great. Expect something different every morning in their hot trays. The pool is great too. it has an exercise room and the rooms are outside entry but overall feels safe and are decent. Beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are quieter because they are not facing the pool area. Overall won't have...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast as we keep adding items to improve the variety and hope you will come back soon and see what we have added.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stopped here April 21, 2013 on our way to Zion National Park. I chose this hotel to hopefully avoid some of the issues that one might encounter at a cheaper hotel chain. Unfortunately, two hours after checking into the hotel, I woke up with no fewer than 6 extremely irritated bug bites. These were clearly bed bug bites. Anyone who has ever encountered bed bugs knows exactly what the bites look and feel like.

I immediately left the hotel and was told that no refund could be made -- the reason given was that the hotel was booked online via a travel site. I contacted the travel site, who subsequently contacted the hotel. The manager refused to issue a refund on the stay because he was personally unable to locate bed bugs in the hotel room.

Bed bugs are hard or impossible to locate -- this is why they persist. There is no other reason in the world that I would check in to a hotel at 10pm and leave at 1230a. This is just unacceptable.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with bed bugs
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank schoeffer2

I apologize that you had an unpleasant stay with us. I left 4 or 5 messages to speak with you regarding your stay but I am sorry that we never connected. I take the accusation of bed bugs in my hotel very seriously. No hotel is immune to them from a one star to five star hotel. They are brought in by customers and can be attained from a plane seat, public seating area or various locations. Your reservation was booked through a third party website so we did not charge your credit card. I investigated the room you stayed in very thoroughly and found no evidence of any bugs. I am not saying your claim is false but I found no evidence of bugs. I want you to know that I had my pest control company treat the room for bugs which is a very expensive process to make sure there is no chance of this for any future guests. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss further as I would prefer a personal call instead of using a public forum. Once again, I apologize for your stay and would like to make it right with you so that you will try us again. Regards, Don Fritschle, General Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed over for 8 nights on a golf trip. Excellent accommodations, clean rooms, accommodating staff! The exterior is very clean, the pool is perfectly maintained and heated. The hot breakfast is excellent! I would give them a 10 out of 5.
Don't forget to try the Black Bear restaurant, excellent food and prices at walking distance.

Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Yves from Sherbrooke, Quebec

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you really enjoyed all the great golf that St. George has to offer. I hope that when you decide on your next golf getaway that the Clarion Suites will be your first call. Safe travels and may you birdie every hole.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was the 2nd time our family has stayed in this hotel. Again we were completely satisfied with our stay. The rooms are very nice, the pool was fun and the ladies who run the breakfast in the morning are more than welcoming.
This property has been a great pit stop on our Alberta to California road trip both times. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2013
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience at the Clarion Suites. We try to offer a comfortable clean room with a great breakfast and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your high recommend for other travelers and hope that the Clarion Suites will always be your hotel choice when traveling between Canada and the USA. Please come back soon.