“Very Impressed”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed one night at the Clarion Suites and we were very impressed with the motel and the staff especially. The staff was welcoming when we checked in and later that night we went in search of food and they have us some apples for free to tide us over along with some stuff from the machines. Then, at 11pm that night when we discovered we had forgotten our toothbrushes we thought to ask the front desk if they could direct us somewhere to buy one. They had some right there. I told my husband just to buy one and we'd share (gross I know but hey! we've been married 30 years!) But they gave him two, and some toothpaste! Wow. And all with a smile! Thank you Leah and Tory! My husband just could not say enough about how nice they you were!

In addition to the great staff, the property is very clean and welcoming. The rooms well appointed. It is easily accessable to the the freeway with many restaurants within walking distance. And gas was nearby too. We really enjoyed the included breakfast! We're really snobby about our coffee and it was delicious! We made our own waffles fresh and the sausage was great! Excellent selection! The only bad thing I can say is that we will probably never have the occasion to stay there again. But I will say that if for any reason we are in the area again Clarion Suites will be where we'll be staying!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you very much for choosing the clarion suites on your recent visit. I appreciate your kind words and hope that you will come back to St. George again. St. George has alot to do and see and do. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on our way thru St.George Utah to connect with our Trekking Guide and were impressed with the facilities and the adjacent restaurant. Little did we know that 4 days later we would be returning to this hotel and hoping they would assist us. My husband took an unfortunate fall during the 2nd day of our trekking and required surgery. We were given the option of returning home and that is how we ended up at the Clarion at 8AM in the morning after having taken a private taxi from the hospital in Panguitch Utah to St. George. The manager, Don, immediately saw our predicament when we arrived, told us to get some breakfast and said we could use the phone as much as we needed to make new arrangements to fly home. Don and his staff were so very helpful and accommodating. Don even took us in his car to the St George Shuttle Depot . We were extremely grateful for their kindness and also as stated before, impressed with the hotel itself. We would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It was my pleasure to help you and your husband with your needs. I appreciate your past stays with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon. I hope your husband heals quickly.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Generally, this is a nice hotel. We are Choice Privileges members and chose it because it was close to both Zion National Park. The front desk staff is friendly and bends over backwards to help. The breakfast serving staff is friendly and helpful with suggestions of places to visit in St. George. The food left a lot to be desired, though. Our room smelled bad, and we couldn't open the window to air it out because the windows don't open. The television remote needed batteries and the television did not carry all of the channels listed on the room guide. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. We also had a very large, unruly family in the room next to us who made continuous noise until 3:00 a.m. and had people coming into and out of their room at all hours, forcing us to change rooms. I would have preferred that management talk to them about being considerate of other guests. The fitness center was nice, but used towels accumulated in the hamper. We expected better of a Choice Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the swimming pool are quieter. Noise from adjoining rooms can be minimized if you a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your concerns is genuinely appreciated.

I will address all of your concerns with the departments to make corrective action. Please in the future if you ever had problems with noise from a adjoining room that you contact the front desk so that we can take care of the problem. I hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful when you check in. The breakfast is good and the serving staff very friendly. The rooms are clean and the beds are great. The grounds are beautiful and it is quiet and relaxing. The location is perfect for accessing I-15 and the Bear Paw restaurant next door is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The staff and I at the clarion suites try our best to offer a clean comfortable room with a great full hot breakfast. I appreciate that we are your #1 choice when visiting St. George and look forward to many more visits in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I drove from Tempe Fl to Denver then to Los Angeles. I stayed in everything from a 3 to a 5 star. By far this place had the nicest people, clean (big) rooms, great restaurant out front. I did not get to use the pool, but it looked nice.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back building top floor in the corner. King bed with a living room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your trip across the country. I am very pleased that you picked us as your best lodging choice with all of the hotels that you probably stayed in while crossing the U.S. We at the Clarion Suites pride ourselves in offering the best service with a clean comfortable room and a fabulous full hot breakfast. Safe travels and we hope that when you are in the area again that we are your first choice.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The folks in the reception area were very helpful as were the servers in the Dining Room. The room was just what my sister and I needed. It was a stopover between Shuttle rides from Las Vegas and onto Salt Lake City

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, no issues.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on great service and I am pleased that you received superior service and a clean and comfortable room. We at the Clarion Suites look forward to your next visit soon and hope that you come back very soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

The staff at the front desk was very nice when we checked in and when we had a question they were very helpful. Our room was nice and clean. There was no outside noise. We had a great continental breakfast that was better than the standard we've seen other places. The staff in charge of breakfast was very friendly and took good care of everything. There was a nice water cooler that guests could fill up there water bottles in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased that my staff took care of your needs and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I hope when in the area again that the Clarion Suites is your first choice. Safe Travels