“Good for the night”

Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Valencia
“Good for the night”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Traveled with family over the holiday and we needed 3 beds. Checking in was easy, the room was laid out like barracks, and the pull-out bed was miserable. We could also very clearly hear an argument in the next room and there was vomit on the sidewalk near our car. Now I'm willing to chalk the noise and vomit to the holiday, but Yuck! The room was not clean. Long hair on bathroom floor and a lot of dust. The bathroom was weird too, as you had to go completely into the room to close the door. We didn't stay for breakfast, so I can't comment on that, nor the other facilities the hotel might offer. The price was right for the night. So, if you want a place to lay your head for a quick wink, this might work for you.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
suitegm, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We make every effort to accomodate larger families by providing rooms that will sleep up to 6 guests. We do understand the pull out sofa is not always the first choice for bedding but it does help to accomodate the larger families on a budget. I have let my Head Housekeeper know your concerns for the bathroom and hairnets have been implemented for all housekeepers as well as a review of our Quality Checks for cleaned rooms. We hope you will give us another try in the future. Best Wishes and Keep Travelling.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We were on a cross-country road trip and arrived late at night. While the bed was most welcome, it was a bit squishy for our tastes. The room had a half-wall divider, but instead of being a nice partition for a small seating area, it just made the other part of the room cramped. On the plus side, the breakfast buffet was huge and had tons of choices!

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We want every guest to have a great experience and to come back and stay with us. We were glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and truly sorry to hear that our room layout did not work for your family. Best Wishes and Keep Travelling.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This place is the pits!
We checked in late this night - got a Double queen room for $89 - $99 w tax, - and had to drive around an old decrepit looking building, in a very dodgy industrial, highway kinda neighborhood.
Came into the room which looks like it has not remodeled since early the '80s. Everything is very brown and gloomy looking, and VERY worn out.
Upon inspection of one of the beds, - I found two long black hairs on the sheet!
Sheets by the way, are so worn thin, that they are barely one step away from ripping apart.
I went to the guy at front desk, - who by the way was apologetic and courteous - and asked for a new room, which he gave me. - Exact same thing happened, - only this time, even more black hairs on the sheets, and the same depressing state of decay.
After this I politely asked for a refund - which I got - and checked us into another hotel.
This place reeks of suicidal depression and has a dungeon like feel to it - so if thats you're thing, by all means stay here, but if not - RUN!
WAAAAY overpriced as well, - just came from Monterey, CA - where a place like this would go for max $50.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Copenhagen3family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I first want to apologize that you had such a terrible experience with my hotel as I don't know where you got such a impression. I will let my past reviews speak for themself as we are a platinum hotel with Choice Hotels and offer only the best accommodations and service.
Waterloo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is the second year we have stayed at the Clarion Suites in St. George Utah on our way to the west coast. We are extremely pleased with this hotel. We are greeted by their friendly staff who were so welcoming and very helpful. They make you fell like you are their only guest.. Our room was very clean, most comfortable beds, wonderful bathroom area, nice sitting and desk area. The temp controls worked very well and the hotel was very quiet. The room was equipped with a microwave and refrigerator, as well as actual glass glasses and ironstone mugs. The lobby area was absolutely beautiful and everywhere you went in the hotel facility is was tastefully decorated and very clean. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Internet connection was good. The breakfast in the morning was outstanding - more wonderful selections that you could eat, including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, baked good, waffles etc. This facility anticipates the traveler's needs. You feel like you are at home. The big plus for us was that we travel with our dog and this facility goes out of their way to make sure it is easy traveling with a pet. Your dog is even greeted with a cute letter, dog treats and of course some doggie do bags. The parking is convenient and the "dog area" is close and very well maintained. Of all the places we have stayed, this is the best and each and every time we travel in this area, we will be staying at the Clarion Suites in St. George. When staying at this hotel, you fell like you are at home. Thank you Clarion Suites. Sincerely - TACDRC

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Tim C
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I always want everyone to feel at home when staying with us and we look forward to a return trip soon. Happy Holidays
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was one of the best hotels we've stayed at in St. George. We love to golf so we come and stay a lot especially during the winter months. As a member of the Choice Privileges, I found a great deal and booked the Clarion Suites. We stayed here previously as the Comfort Suites a few days ago but not that impressed but we thought we'd give it a shot. Boy was I glad! First of all, the gentleman at the front desk welcomed us and in addition, my name was on their member sign welcoming me like I was an important client. Wow! He even said my name correctly which rarely happens. There were fresh cinnamon rolls on the counter for the taking. But that's not all, we were given a microwave popcorn and two water bottles as a welcoming gift. Wow again. We received our keys and room assignment quickly and efficiently. The customer service was outstanding and proved to be a "normal" thing at this hotel because after working the remote control in the room for just a few minutes, we knew it was having problems. A quick call to the front desk and the GM - Don Fritschle had it replaced within minutes. Wow! We stayed three nights and enjoyed the pool and hot tub which was much needed after golfing all day. Everything was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was fabulous and comfortable. The bathroom was nice and enough counter space for all my stuff. I love watching Hotel Impossible and since watching that, have taken more notice of things out of place. I noticed a maintenance man around the pool get a broom and dustpan and sweep up this small amount of leaves/dirt and was so impressed he would do that for such a small amount. He looked like he really cared about what things looked like and took pride in his work. Now about the breakfast...Wow again. Hot and lots to choose from. Waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, coffee, hot chocolate, yogurt, fruit, french toast sticks and more. The breakfast area was large and the two ladies working the area made sure everything was stocked nicely. So happy with this hotel, we booked another stay for April and the front desk people were so helpful and greeted us with a smile. And each morning we had a paper delivered to our door, not just at the front desk like other hotels. It's those small things that made our stay so nice and made me feel like I was the queen! Thanks again Don Fritschle and staff for making your hotel one of the best stays we've ever had!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Heidi H
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
First I want to thank you for choosing the Clarion Suites for your golf outing. I am very pleased that your were impressed with the hotel and my staff. We value our guests and want every experience to be as great as yours was. I look forward to your return visit in the spring. Thank you also for being a Choice Privileges member. Happy Holidays
Slc
Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a great hotel. The staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable, great hot breakfast which varies from day to day, Love the beds. We try and stay here when ever we are in Saint George which is 5-10 times a year. Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am so glad that you have found the clarion suites and hope that your 5 to 10 visits a year to southern Utah will always be with us. My staff and I look forward to serving you again soon. Happy Holidays!
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

OK! If you are a Snowbird traveling from western Canada south to California (or maybe Arizona) with your beloved puppy, check out this hotel. They have spacious rooms and cater to dog owner/travelers. Your pup will be greeted with a cute letter, some cookies, and some doggie do bags. Convenient parking, just outside your door, and close by 'dog grounds' for his or her 'business'. There is also a wonderful bike path just toward the I-15 for an early morning or late night walk before turning in. Stayed here a number of times already on driving trips south, and it is a wonderful place to stay. Reasonable. Clean. Caring staff. Good continental breakfast. NICE!!! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Pick a room round back. I do believe these are all doggie rooms in any case.