“Wonderful stay”

Green Valley Spa and Resort
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our typical hotel was booked up and we found this one on a travel site. We loved it and hopefully it will become our regular place to stay when we go to TUACAHN AMPHITHEATRE. We had 2 units (3 bedroom each), one word WONDEFUL. Even though the units were condos we never heard the people in other units.
We used 3 of the pools and there were plenty of lounge chairs for all.

Room Tip: Condo units Las Palmas, quiet, and roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DestiDisovery
There are newer reviews for Green Valley Spa and Resort

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We enjoyed staying in the 2 double bed suites with private patios facing the pool and Jacuzzi. The tennis courts are top of the line and the racquetball courts were also very nice. It is an odd location but close to Snow Mountain and within reasonable drive to Zion.

Not a chain, run of the mill place, but definitely very well done.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the 18 and up pool are very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Haleh L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cater to much to the Mormon community! Breakfast was cooked by amateurs!!!! Why is the kid pool closed at 730 which apparently 2hrs later than normal on Memorial Day weekend just because it is Sunday !!!!!!! I paid a lot of money yet I had to pay extra for the crappy put put or anything else crappy by the pool!!!!!!!! Will never stay here again!!!

2  Thank Saijabelle
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was given this getaway as a free incentive when I purchased my Toyota FJ Cruiser. This was a 3 day 2 night stay.
I "upgraded" to their Parks Package because my kids and I were planning to visit Zion National Park. This package was a $40 upgrade and all it included was a small book of Utahs Best Short Hikes and a $20 Visa GC. I doubt this very strange.

The resort is located in a residential area of St. George. It was pretty easy to find, but set away from the main area of St. George.

The room was nice, upon arrival. There were 2 queen beds with great down comforters and huge pillows. My kids loved it. The rooms are set right next to the tennis courts that are always in use for training and tournaments, so it was a little annoying to wake up to the sound of tennis balls each morning at 7am. When my room was cleaned, they didn't provide us with new towels or soaps or hair product.

There were 3 pools, only 1 of which children were allowed to enter. This 1 pool was cold and had a strange lay out. They had ping pong, putt putt and tennis along with the pool....all of which was an additional cost to the hotel guests.

They had a restaurant that served breakfast with very limited hours. Our last day we ate there and EVERYTHING on the menu was $15 no matter what. This was not a buffet, it was just items on the menu to choose from.
The food was not very good.

Overall, this place was ok. It had the potential to be amazing. It's just not being done right.
I would go back, but with my partner, not my children. And I'd plan to eat off site for all of my meals.

4  Thank sommerfun12
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We paid almost four hundred dollars for two nights In a room straight out of the golden girls. Bad old wicker furniture, tv from 1987, microwave was like the first generation, and don't get me started on the pink couch that was so uncomfortable no-one could sleep on the bed...

But, I could have dealt with all that....for four hundred dollars for two nights you get free access to the pool and workout room...that's it...wanna play tennis? Get your wallet out, wanna play racquetball, chess, table tennis...more money....they say it's only a few dollars but with kids, that can start to add up....

The staff was very nice and felt bad, almost like they are aware and feel bad for people who stay here...

Anyway,..wouldn't be bad if they charged that much, but everything be included.Or, charge less per night...

Next time we come here, we're staying at the Hilton.Better value for our money....

1  Thank mamaoftwins666
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We chose Green Valley Spa because they were one of the few "pet friendly" places listed. We and our dogs loved the little courtyard on our room. It was perfect to let the dogs have some "outdoor space". Housekeeping was extremely accommodating in cleaning around our schedule. Our fireplace quit after the first couple of days but Steve from Maintenance came in, dogs & all, and had it fixed quickly. It seemed most of the Staff (& even some of the guests!) loved our dogs as much as we do! It was so convenient to walk the dogs "out the back door" and up onto the walking trails.
I was a bit familiar with Green Valley Spa products as I had previously used the Honey Dew Firming Lotion. What a pleasant surprise to find products in our room to try during our stay.
We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bevieb3
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I loved my "all-inclusive" stay at Green Valley Spa/Coyote Inn. The wonderful hikes, gorgeous scenery, yoga, and calorie controlled menu were just what I needed to jump start my fitness routine. The food was delicious even though the calories were under 1000. For those folks wanting or needing more calories there were dessert options, bread/butter. Wine was available by the glass...which I skipped because of my desire to focus on fitness. Almost everyone I met at Green Valley was a return guest. I know that I will return...most likely every spring!

As other guests have noted, the grounds, spa, and public spaces were "dated" and could use an update. The spa services were excellent to just OK depending on the technician. I enjoyed Dusty; others not as much. In the end, the hikes, wonderful hiking guides, awe-inspiring scenery, excellent & comfortable rooms, pleasant fellow guests, and delicious & healthy meals will draw me back again and again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends