We booked two nights at this property, because it was one of the ones that honored our Hotel gift card from Travelocity. First of all I WILL NEVER use Travelocity again! Why would they sell hotel gift cards, and only certain hotels honor the card.
I must start by saying, I am a serious hotel snob! I worked in the hospitality industry for over 8 years in 5 diamond/star resorts, so I know exactly what to look for in hotels. Staying at a two star hotel is like camping for me. However, being it was a last minute trip for a funeral, I did not want to spend 100's of dollars for a room I wasn't going to do much but sleep in.
When we arrived, check in was fast and easy. The young lady at the desk, I believe her name was Lauren, was very friendly and efficient.
We unloaded our bags into our room, only to find that the heater did not work. I called down and the young lady said she would come up and take a look. She arrived not 5 minutes later, and determined that our heating part of our HVAC system was not working. She said we would have to change to a different room. We told her not a problem and she left, and about 10 minutes later returned with keys to a new room. She even offered to help us with our luggage. She was definitely a gem!
The room was at least clean, except between the beds, and it was very much in need of some TLC. The carpet under the sink was falling off and the furniture was quite scuffed up on the surfaces. The beds were comfy, not too hard and not too soft. There was also a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator in the room which was great.
They had a nice breakfast spread, with eggs, bacon muffins, coffee, cereal and other breakfast fare.
The free wi-fi would have been awesome if it worked. It was sporadic at best. We did not use any of the amenities such as the pool or Jacuzzi so I cannot say what that area was like. There was plenty of parking and it seemed to be a nice quiet hotel.
If your not super picky about the ambiance, it is a fairly clean, decent place to stay. It is conveniently located 2 minutes off of the freeway, there is a McDonald's, right in the parking lot, a Denny's and a Burger King directly across the street and only about 5 minutes from the Temple.
I did notice two odd pending charges on my credit card, which I hope are just deposits of some sort. I did ask for an iron, so perhaps its a charge for that. I will definitely keep my eye on my credit card statement to see if it is charged through or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heated Pool & SPA Hotel upgrade in August-2013 All room New 32" LED TV, Microwave Oven, Refrigeration, One cup Coffee Machine, Iron & Ironing Board, New Furniture: Night Lamp, night lam stand, TV Stand Breakfast: Scramble Eggs, Bacon/Sausage Pork, Six Type cereals, Regular & De-cafe Coffee, Two Milk: Skim/1% and 2% Milk, Wheat & White Bread, English Muffin, Danish/Honey bun, Tea two type, Fruits etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn South Bluff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn South Bluff Hotel St. George
- Quality Inn St George
- St. George Quality Inn
- Quality Inn South Bluff St. George, Utah