“Something bit me!!”

Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Lindon, Utah
“Something bit me!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Upon arrival our room looked nice and clean. We checked it over for bugs before we did anything else. We checked the bed, head board, dressers, night stand etc. We thought all was well. We stayed two nights and the first night we slept well. On the second night the bed was so hard that I couldn't sleep. So I started to pick up our room and once I tired out I went to the recliner in the room and tried to get comfy there and slept. Nothing seemed astray until later while checking out I started to get a sharp pain behind my ear. I had been bit three times. My husband and I were trying to figure out why I was the only one affected... and it was because I was the only one to sleep on that chair at night. So we have narrowed it down to four conclusions...It could of simply been a spider. Or a mosquito since we saw one in the room earlier. Could of been a cockroach bite. I read that they can bite humans if there is a big infestation. After reading reviews, there are 2 reviews of seeing them. Or SCARILY enough it might of been a bed bug eek!! It hurts sooooo bad!

Now onto the pros and cons of this place besides the bite! I will start with the good.
PROS:
nice sink
smells clean
nice decoration in room
okay breakfast
nice location

CONS:
paper thin walls! (you can hear EVERYTHING around you. The person next door showering, flushing, watching tv and you can hear everyone in the pool.)
The carpet feels sticky and full of dirt. Your feet kind of stick to it and it will turn them black.
Our sheets were not clean. and they didn't fully change our bed on the second day. (we know because there was a rust stain on the sheet.)
Not only does the pool look dirty by lots of things floating around, but you can feel the dirt under your feet.
The remote was sticky
horrible water pressure
Some sort of bug bit me
breakfast was mediocre (the bananas were old, the waffles overcooked..)
The staff is not friendly in the slightest(they walk past you like you weren't even there. They acted very annoyed.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on a lower level that doesn't face the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello
Valued Guest.
We apologize for it. but if you feel any thing just inform us so we right way check it and we can Inform concern agency for necessary treatment. But even all Recliner chair room we treat at present with your opinion. We also treated all hotels with bug agency.
have a nice day
Yours Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. It is located right off of I-15 and was easy to find. The room was large and very clean. The hot tub was great after a long day's drive. There was a nice selection of items for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Travellady724,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The highlights: I slept surprisingly well, housekeeping treated me well, and found that the shower was very nice for the price.

It took a long time to get checked with one clerk handling a phone reservation longer than the person who needed his room keys. I was behind that guy and waited even longer because I noticed there was caller on hold, presumably another phone reservation.

The room, with outdoor entry, works fine for St. George. Since I was at the convention center most of the week, I didn't need much beyond a good night's sleep, good plumbing, and a fridge. However I needed something else... WiFi.

The WiFi leaves a lot to be desired with its spotty speed. If you can, bring a hotspot that works with the immediate area. In order to use a business center, I had to run over to the St. George Inn to get my printouts. Value wins, always.

Because my future visits will require a hotel even closer to the Dixie Center. I'll have to part ways.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the central part of the hotel, near housekeeping. This, for what it's worth, is...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, 18 February 2014

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Price is great and room is fine. Breakfast they tried hard to keep up with crowd. But in St George Utah kids want to swim and both days no pool towels at all. Went to front desk and the guy rudely told me there were no more, they would get some eventually, but he didn't know when. No "sorry", no help at all. So another day of cold kids walking to the room.

Stayed February 2014

Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Drove in after driving all day. No reservations. Festivals in town and the place was packed. Got 2 very nice rooms. Kids all went swimming. Had food delivered to the room from the hotel guide in the room. Yes, they have Mac and cheese! When you have kids, this is a must! Parking lot was full of RVs but still I could park right by my door. Quiet! Oh my gosh...Breakfast was also wonderful. Beautiful sunrise too. This place was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: I have only stayed here one time and I was right by the stairs on the ground floor but it was quiet!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fifi101
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, 7 February 2014

somwhere in the southwest
Reviewed 14 January 2014

decent for the area, 10,ooo points. good breakfast, and there was a brochure in the lobby for a doscount at dennys with the clerks initials.not a bad deal.room I had seemed like it would be worth about $55 cash.pool, hot tub, guest laundry.decent teevee.its near a surprisingly reasonably priced convenience store, as well-the shell by the car wash.(try the nachos!) its been a bit, so im not sure if they had real newspapers in the lobby or just usa today.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, 16 January 2014

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a totally adequate motel for a quick overnight stay while on a road-trip. Nothing fancy at all, but fine for sleeping and departing the next day. The staff is very courteous, concerned and helpful...which puts this motel above some of the others in the area. A few missing components & things which could be improved ( sheets were stiff/scratchy, furniture uncomfortable, no adequate plugs for computer workspace, some noise level from outside, etc.) Nothing fancy, for sure....but ok. Good location / proximity to freeway. Nearby restaurants, easy to get places. Again- very nice staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably about the same....except that the ones in the "newer" building...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PK K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hello
Valued Guest
Thank you for stay with us. We appreciate for your review We will take care for to improve service.
Have a nice day